January Sales UK: Best deals of 2019
It's one of the biggest bargain-finding months of the year – here's how to get the biggest discounts
Following in the footsteps of Boxing Day, the January sales are now upon us, and there are many deals to be had.
While some people use this month to recover from overindulging, for others, it’s an opportunity to grab a bargain.
Whether you’re after a new television, a laptop or the best Amazon bargain, we have created dedicated guides for a range of products and retailers so you can get your hands on the best deals as the holiday season draws to a close.
As well as finding the best deals, we’ve also created the ultimate guide on which retailers are taking part below, with insight on their latest deals, what else they are expected to offer, and when.
Januray Sale Quick Links
Whatever you’re looking for this January, you’re sure to find it. Here are our top picks of the current deals:
Smart speaker deals
- Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Gen) Smart speaker with Alexa – was £49.99, now £29.99 – Buy now from Amazon
- Apple HomePod – was £319, now £279 – Buy now from Currys
- Sony LF-S50G Wireless Smart Sound Speaker – was £149.99, now £99 – Buy now from Currys
- Sonos One Voice Controlled Smart Speaker with Amazon Alexa – was £199, now £179 – Buy now from Amazon
- LG 43” Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV – was £449, now £329 – Buy now from Currys
- Samsung 34” QLED Curved LED Gaming Monitor with Speakers – was £699.99, now £679 – Buy now from Amazon
- Samsung 50” 4K Ultra HD TV – was £549, now £379 – Buy now from AO
- LG 55” Super UHD Nano Cell, 4K HDR Freeview Play Smart TV – was £1,499.99, now £699 – Buy now from Very
- Asus 15.6” Gaming Laptop, Intel Core i5, GeForce GTX 1050 Graphics, 8GB RAM – was £849.99, now £649.99 – Buy now from Very
- Apple MacBook Air 13.3” Intel i5 8GB RAM , 256 GB SSD (2017) – was £1,049, now £949 – Buy now from Currys
- Asus 12.5” 360 Degrees Rotatable Full HD Touchscreen Chromebook, Intel Core M3-6Y30 Processor, 4 GB RAM – was £499, now £499 – Buy now from Amazon
- Apple MacBook Pro 13“ Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD (2017) – was £1,799, now £1,599 – Buy now from John Lewis & Partners
Game console deals
Nintendo Switch – low price: £279 – Buy now from AO
Sony Playstation Classic – was £89.99, now £49.99 – Buy now from Currys PC World
Mircrosoft Xbox One S with Forza Horizon 4, FIFA 19, Tekken 7 & Project Cars 2 Bundle – was £282.96, now £204.99 – Buy now from Currys PC World
Xbox One S Shadow of the Tomb Raider 1TB Console Bundle – was £249.99, now £199.99 – Buy now from Very
Kitchen appliance deals
- De’Longhi De’Longhi Eletta Cappuccino Bean to Cup Coffee Machine – was £999.99, now £593.99 – Buy now from Amazon
- Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer – was £429.99, now £211.83 – Buy now from Amazon
- Sage The Kitchen Wizz Pro Food Processor With 8 Accessories – was £349, now £237 – Buy now from AO
- Kenwood K25MMS14 Solo Microwave – was £159.99, now £74.99 – Buy now from Currys
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1“ Tablet 32 GB – was £229.99, now £159 – Buy now from Currys
- All-New Fire HD 8 Tablet with Alexa, 8“ HD Display, 16 GB – was £79.99, now £59.99 – Buy now from Amazon
- Apple 9.7“ iPad 32 GB, Space Grey (2018) – was £299, now £289 – Buy now from Currys
- Anthropologie Brass Starburst Coffee Table – was £798, now £419.95 – Buy now from Anthropologie
- Debenhams Oak and white Fenton flip-top table – was £300, now £135 – Buy now from Debenhams
- Mahiki Left Hand Facing Arm Open End Corner Sofa – was £1,599, now £699 – Buy now from DFS
- Perouse White 2 Door Wardrobe – was £1,200, now £840 – Buy now from Habitat
- La Redoute Clairoy 1-Drawer Dressing Table – was £189, now £141.75 – Buy now from La Redoute
Which stores are taking part?
Here’s our roundup of some of the retailers to watch out for and quick links to their pages:
Amazon – The online giant was one of the biggest retailers taking part in discounts for Boxing Day and for January it continues to offer major reductions on everything from electronics to this year’s must-have toys, games, fashion, jewellery and beauty products. You can find the latest Amazon deals here.
AO – You can expect this online electrical retailer to offer a wide range of deals on its products, from appliances and TVs to smart home products. You can find the latest AO deals here.
Argos – You can expect to see deals appearing online across technology, home and toys. You can find the latest Argos deals here.
Apple – The tech giant Apple has traditionally resisted partaking in sales but we predict that there will be great savings on iPhones, iPads, Macbooks and accessories.
Currys PC World – This January, we expect Currys to offer exciting deals across top brands including Hoover, Dyson, Samsung and HP. You can find the latest Currys PC World deals here.
Habitat – Homeware company Habitat traditionally launched its winter sale just ahead of the Christmas holidays and continues to offer discounts on upholstery, occasional furniture, storage and rugs. You can find the latest Habitat deals here.
John Lewis – This year, John Lewis’ clearance sale began online on Christmas Eve. The retailer is expected to price match rivals on popular tech, home and fashion lines thanks to its ‘Never Knowingly Undersold’ tag line. You can find the best John Lewis deals here.
Very – With discounts on fashion, home, tech and gifts, Very should be on your list this January. Find the latest Very deals here.
How can you get the best deals?
When it comes to making the most of the January sales, preparation is key and, with many of us now shopping online, that’s where you can expect to find the very best deals.
But, whether you’re shopping in-store or bargain hunting from the comfort of your sofa, it’s important to shop around and research items you want to buy well in advance rather than splashing out on a whim.
We suggest sticking to a shopping list of items that you know you actually want, setting yourself a budget and watching out for additional discount codes online.
It’s also a good idea to check retailer’s returns policies before buying and to check terms and conditions for sites you’ve not used before.
IndyBest product reviews are unbiased, independent advice you can trust. On some occasions, we earn revenue if you click the links and buy the products, but we never allow this to bias our coverage. The reviews are compiled through a mix of expert opinion and real-world testing.