Turn Signal Issue - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By 69camman
  • 1 Post By Everett#2390
  • 1 Post By RumRunner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old May 15th, 19, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Probationer

Garage
Turn Signal Issue

I have a 69 Camaro and I am having issues with my turn signals. When I use either the right or the left turn signal, all of my lights flash including marker lights. I have a new turn switch and new flashers. The plug is clearly sending the correct signal for each side yellow and green wire.When I use the flasher button it works like it should by flashing all lights.
Any thoughts here
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old May 15th, 19, 12:07 PM
Senior Tech
Lee

Re: Turn Signal Issue

I think you have a bad dual filament bulb. The blinker filament is most likely shorting to the parking light filament which would cause all the parking lights to blink with the blinker.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old May 15th, 19, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

The emergency switch is not disengaging all the way.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old May 15th, 19, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Probationer

Garage

They are super bright led with no filament. This was happening before I changed them out.
I have taken apart the right e switch and is dis engaging completely. If
I put a light on the brown hazard wire, it is strobing constantly even though the e flasher is not ticking. STUMPED!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old May 15th, 19, 09:04 PM
Senior Tech
Lee

Did someone modify the marker lights to blink when the blinkers are on by connecting the marker lights ground wire to the blinker wire?

So which bulbs are now LED bulbs and did you change both flashers to LED compatible flashers?

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old May 16th, 19, 02:43 AM
Senior Tech
Kevin

So, it was doing the exact same thing when you had filiment (non LED) bulbs?

Check all your grounds to the bulb housings, front and back.

Never argue with an idiot; they'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old May 17th, 19, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Probationer

Garage

Issue resolved. Found a bad socket and an 1156 in a 1157 socket.

Thanks for your comments and support.
69-Pace likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old May 17th, 19, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Good job !!! Entertain yourself to your choice of beverage.
69-Pace likes this.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old May 18th, 19, 11:40 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Wayne

Garage

HI all,
I have somewhat the same problem. The left blinker does not blink. The right one works fine. The hazards work fine. Just the left blinker just stays solid and the indicator on the dash stays solid also. But not when the hazards are on then everything works fine. Any ideas??

Thanks

RumRunner
68 SS coupe (clone) 350
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old May 18th, 19, 01:02 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner View Post
HI all,
I have somewhat the same problem. The left blinker does not blink. The right one works fine. The hazards work fine. Just the left blinker just stays solid and the indicator on the dash stays solid also. But not when the hazards are on then everything works fine. Any ideas??

Thanks
The hazards and the turn signal use different filaments in the bulbs I think. I would start by replacing the flasher. On a 69 it's up under the dash by the radio, not the one in the fuse box. I think you have a 68.

Jeff
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old May 18th, 19, 01:24 PM
Senior Tech
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner View Post
HI all,

Thanks
Either the left rear or left front bulb is bad.

Al

my 67' build thread:
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old May 18th, 19, 02:07 PM
Senior Tech
Lee

The hazards and blinkers use the same filament in the bulb and the fact that the hazards and right blinkers are working means that both flashers are good.

As Al stated one of the bulbs is either bad, or if they both are staying lit then you may have a bad ground, most likely at the blinker bulb socket at the left front or left rear. If there's not enough current flowing through the blinker flasher then the flasher will fail to blink and both bulbs will just stay lit. Electrically a bad ground will look like a resistor which limits the amount of current flowing through the flasher.

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old May 18th, 19, 09:52 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Wayne

Garage

Hi All,

Thank you for your input. The socket had come loose from the bezel. Plugged it back in and everything works fine...whew time for a beverage this classic car stuff is hard work...LOL.
Legacy 69 likes this.

RumRunner
68 SS coupe (clone) 350
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode