Monza update.... - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 09, 3:01 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Re: Monza update....

Don't let him fool you, he'll probably be using my brand new dual springs that came off the Sportsman II heads, and from what I understand the heads are complete, just need to change out the springs and retainers, etc. but will re-use the valves. Lots of parts already accounted for from years ago and still in the garage, just a few big things to get.....traction will still need to be upgraded for sure.

1967 Chevelle Custom
SBC 383
Gear Vendors Overdrive
Jerico DR-4
S60, True Trac, 3.54 gears

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 09, 4:02 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

The TH350 trans pan has a new cork/permatex seal now, we'll see if it leaks next week when Tracy gets back from Montana....camshaft came today, brand new(a steal for sure).

Anybody have a SBC 400 crank they'd be willing to trade some parts for or sell? Tracy procrastinated calling the guy with the ZEX sniper nitrous kit on the C/L listing that had 2 of them for $30 each, now it's no longer listed.....also looking for a SBC 400 harmonic balancer, hyd. roller lifters.

1967 Chevelle Custom
SBC 383
Gear Vendors Overdrive
Jerico DR-4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 09, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Tracy left for Montana this morning.....he doesn't know I'm going to pick up a 400 crank already turned down .010 on both the main and rod journals, as well as a 400 balancer in the morning. Guy that's selling it has a '67 Malibu and he's getting rid of all his SBC stuff since he's moving. He's in Lynnwood so it'll be a drive but I'll see what else he has for sale....says he wants to go to a big block in the near future.

1967 Chevelle Custom
SBC 383
Gear Vendors Overdrive
Jerico DR-4

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 09, 9:25 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Greg

Sounds like a great score Mike.

Funny, you're coming north, and I'm heading down near Crystal Mtn for the day with my son Austin and his Cadet group.

"the Special" SBC 355/TH350/12 bolt 3.90 posi
Best motor pass - 12.58 @ 107mph
Best nitrous pass (125shot) - 11.72 @ 115mph

post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 09, 1:21 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66 Buick Special View Post
Sounds like a great score Mike.

Funny, you're coming north, and I'm heading down near Crystal Mtn for the day with my son Austin and his Cadet group.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing myself.....but obviously I didn't know you're coming south.

Anyway, back from Lynnwood
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0578.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	18677  

1967 Chevelle Custom
SBC 383
Gear Vendors Overdrive
Jerico DR-4

post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 09, 1:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Doc. Smokum

He's going 383 or 400

1968 Chevelle Sb
1969 Chevelle 496
1973 SS 454 Chevelle
1974 S-3 454 Chevelle
1955 Delray LS1
1967 Nova 496
1969 nova 427
1969 Camaro 350
1968 Camaro Convertable 350
1968 Camaro Coupe 427

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 09, 1:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

383.....I have that 350 2 bolt block that's going to get splayed caps soon. The 400 in that car makes too much heat, he said he wouldn't put another 400 in there again....unless some air circulation holes are made. There's 3 hoods for the car, the stock one, an L88 fiberglass one and another steel one from another car that had the blower sticking up through it, modified that way of course.....I think the L88 is going to go back on with this setup, and I may paint it since it's flat black right now. I have a feeling I'll be doing some welding this summer, going to fab up a new torque arm setup for hard launches is what's the plan.....or possibly back half it with the rear frame off the S-10 in the yard.

1967 Chevelle Custom
SBC 383
Gear Vendors Overdrive
Jerico DR-4

post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 09, 9:09 PM
Tracy

Guess I'll need to pay Mike for a 400 crank and balancer when I get back from Montana, I hope you got a good deal!!
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 09, 9:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by funder1 View Post
Guess I'll need to pay Mike for a 400 crank and balancer when I get back from Montana, I hope you got a good deal!!

1967 Chevelle Custom
SBC 383
Gear Vendors Overdrive
Jerico DR-4

post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 09, 1:06 AM
Tracy

No nextel service here Mike. Leave Marce a message on verizon if you have her #. We're heading home on Monday
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 09, 10:10 PM
Tracy

Gathering parts, just got the splayed caps for the 350/383, Next month I will probably be having some machine work done on the block. Meanwhile I'll be working on porting a set of heads. Mike is getting much more done than me. But looks like I got the Monza runnig enough to get the front end aligned and I can move it out of the Garage to free up some room!
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 09, 2:15 PM
Tracy

Started porting the heads yesterday, that looks to be a long process. Well it will give me plenty of time to collect other parts
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 09, 3:26 PM
Senior Tech Team
ben

Quote:
Started porting the heads yesterday, that looks to be a long process. Well it will give me plenty of time to collect other parts
i picked up a carbide cutting bit at the swap meet and i paid ten bucks for it but knowing how fast it works i would have payed fifty! ones kinda like these but with a straight shank... gee doc or roger where you think these are from? http://cgi.ebay.com/12-PC-SOLID-CARB...3A1%7C294%3A50

1972 nova boat cammed 355
best @ pinks all out 12.38 @ 111 mph

post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 09, 9:44 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

He bought a 5 piece kit off eBay the other day, that's what he's using I think. I did tell him about the bit you bought at the swap meet, it's going to be a long process no matter what I think with porting the heads.

1967 Chevelle Custom
SBC 383
Gear Vendors Overdrive
Jerico DR-4

post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 09, 9:53 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mark

Quote:
That's exactly what I'm doing right now. Thought I was finished after a couple of weeks then got the heads back from the hot tank. Had to do some touch up work on the exhaust side. Still contimplating unshrouding the combustion chambers a bit. I don't know how they'll flow but I know they are a lot lighter

Mark
TC#1600
ACES 6166
69 Chevelle SS
"Carpe Jugulum"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1887 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.