User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
69 Judge clone - fair price?

Hi Everyone-
I just joined the forum, first post! Anyway, I'm looking for a GTO and found a 69 judge clone (see pic) in great shape. Hugger Orange, black interior, 400 V8, 350 hp, TH400 Auto, 3:23 10 bolt posi, PS, PDB, cold A/C, Pioneer AM/FM CD, factory Rallye wheels with Firestone Firehawk radials, Factory Tach in dash. The owner wants 20k for the car. Do you think that is a fair price? The engine is nice, the interior is nice, and there is no rust. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO.jpg
Views:	747
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	503  

Last edited by mjdwyer23; 08-01-2006 at 06:27 PM. Reason: addiing stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Oh btw I'm buying this car to drive the crap out of it (think power tour), but how do you all feel the car will appreciate? I'm not looking to make a buck on it, just curious. Thanks!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdwyer23
Oh btw I'm buying this car to drive the crap out of it (think power tour), but how do you all feel the car will appreciate? I'm not looking to make a buck on it, just curious. Thanks!
IMO? If you are going to drive the begeezes out of it, don't expect it to appreciate... expect it to depreciate. Chances are some nitwit will T-Bone you or worse, and you'll end up losing your "investment." You cannot just go get parts for it and keep driving.

If I could find one local for 20K in decent shape I'd scarf it up and restore what I can but still drive it occasionally.

Don't expect the car to hold up if you are going to pound it. The parts on this are old and may not hold up to the test you plan on giving it. You are going to end up dumping $$ in it to do what you want.

I think if the car is in relatively decent shape as you say, 20K isn't bad, but you'll end up losing the worthiness of it if you "drive the crap out of it."

I am looking for one like that in good condition for a good price so I can baby it and make it a weekend driver, and you want to pound the piss out of it....

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

by drive the heck out of it i mean drive it to cruise nights and on weekends, not just stick it in the garage for 9 months of the year. sorry for the confusion!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdwyer23
by drive the heck out of it i mean drive it to cruise nights and on weekends, not just stick it in the garage for 9 months of the year. sorry for the confusion!

Power tour? To cruise night? I'll buy it ....... where is it?

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in