Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Deliverance, GA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I agree PHS is the best way to verify GTO's if you have a few weeks to wait for the documents. But if you are in a hurry you can verify by collecting numbers from the following areas;
1) Data Plate,
2) the pad under the distributor,
3) behind the number 8 cylinder,
4) the center exhaust ports,
5) top of the heads below the valve covers,
7)front of engine, just under the passenger head,
8) next to the timing belt cover,
9) The code on the tranny is located on the passenger side, it is a silver tag with the letter code and year.
10) The code on the rear end is stamped on the passenger side front. There will also be GM codes next to the cover.
Post the numbers here and several of our members will help you out.