UK Newby - 1969 Pontiac GTO 6.6 V8 Auto (judge clone) - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Tee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
UK Newby - 1969 Pontiac GTO 6.6 V8 Auto (judge clone)

Hi every1, I've just acquired the above car for £5000 which is around $9000 I think, it needs general work around the car, just wanted to know what could this be worth if I restored it, I've seen some on US ebay between $20000 - $40000, is this a realistic price if I restored it and sold it on US ebay? Any help appreciated, cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee
Hi every1, I've just acquired the above car for £5000 which is around $9000 I think, it needs general work around the car, just wanted to know what could this be worth if I restored it, I've seen some on US ebay between $20000 - $40000, is this a realistic price if I restored it and sold it on US ebay? Any help appreciated, cheers
I am not sure what a reasonable price of a restored one would bring. IMO because cars like this on Barrett Jackson go for mega bucks, everyone with a collectable thinks they can command that kind of price. Because of those ridiculously high prices cars like yours when restored are going for what I think is too high.

I wanted and still want a 69 carousel red Judge in the worse way, I have seen them on ebay asking over 100k. NO WAY.... I've seen some in need of work going for 30K. Seen some turn key nice over 50K. Chances are you'll never get the $ out of it what you put into it.

I purchased my 2005 because it's cheaper than buying at 1969 one.

I suppose if I had one..... I'd sell it for all I could get for it too. As far as what a fair price would be? Dunno.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 06:33 PM

Ert 188 j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
Tee,

I have also pm'd you. My name is Carl and I am also based in the uk,

My dad used to have a 1969 gto in the 1980's which I am really desperate to try and track down. I have recently discovered that it was turned into a judge clone and was sold on eBay recently. Is the reg of your car ERT 188 J?

Please can you contact me if it is as I'm desperate to find out as much information as I can and I have pictures you may be interested in!

Many thanks

Carl

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Interesting...........

Keep us posted fella's!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 08:01 PM

Garage
I was stationed near Ipswitch in the 80s and there were some Yank Tanks running around over there and the Brits loved them, except for the size. There is enough interest in Europe and the middle east that I'm sure you could sell it local for more money than you could get here. The Swedish come to Daytona for the Turkey rod run and buy convertibles and ship them home. It is damn expensive to build an American car in Europe, I'm sure members on here could help you get the parts you need, but the shipping will be high.
It would be cool to find out that it was carl's Dad's car.
Keep us posted, we'll do what we can for you.
Oh, POST PICS!!

Burning rubber since 1982!!
My photobucket, lots of dif car pics.
http://s411.photobucket.com/home/jetstang
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 03:51 AM

These are some Pictures when my Dad owned the car,

He is always telling me really cool stories about it but briefly he used to work in car design in Ford in Dagenham England. He was really into his Capri's (almost the european mustang of its day) he had a big boy 3L job with this massive black whale tail on the back! It was super cool!

He then went over to work for Volvo Trucks in Gothenburg in Sweden in the late seventys where he met this dude with the 69 gto.. My dad loved his car and he loved my dads Capri so they arranged a straight swap for it.

My dad then had it for a few years completely rebuilding the engine and lots of other parts.

He then came back to the uk, bought a house with my mum and this guy apparently kept knocking on his door asking to buy his car.

he kept turning him away until he proposed to my mum and he sold it to this guy.

Then when my dad was getting the bar ready for the reception for the wedding there was a classic american car show going on in the grounds and he saw it there!

he said the guy had turned it into the green demon and painted it two tone metallic green.

I have always had the pictures he had of this car when he swapped for it in sweden and cherished them as i thought it was so cool!

I uploaded these pictures on a website yesterday and a dude replyed back almost instantly saying ive seen that car on this webpage!!

1969 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO

scroll down to the 6th car i think... ERT 188 J

I have managed to get in touch with "Dangerous Bob"

He was a young friend of the guy that bought it off my dad and turned it into the green demon, Apparently he has a friend who had a vette in a similar colour scheme.

It now looks like it has been turned into a judge clone and the image was courtesy of Ebay so i am wondering and hoping that it was tee that bought it or advertised it (if it is the same car, there cant be too many 69 judge clones in the uk)

It says on the road tax information online that it hasnt been taxed since 2003?

i hope that this means it hasnt met its death!

Anyways apologies for the mega long thread, im just interested in sharing my story

Cheers,

Carl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0962.JPG
Views:	612
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	13316   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0963.JPG
Views:	615
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	13317   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0964.JPG
Views:	991
Size:	278.8 KB
ID:	13318   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0965.JPG
Views:	314
Size:	290.7 KB
ID:	13319  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
I don't think Tee will get your PM he hasn't been on the site in 5.5 years.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_84 View Post
Tee,

I have also pm'd you. My name is Carl and I am also based in the uk,

My dad used to have a 1969 gto in the 1980's which I am really desperate to try and track down. I have recently discovered that it was turned into a judge clone and was sold on eBay recently. Is the reg of your car ERT 188 J?

Please can you contact me if it is as I'm desperate to find out as much information as I can and I have pictures you may be interested in!

Many thanks

Carl
hi i bought ert 188j off ebay on 6/2/11 ,iam planning on giving it full resto as i am in car trade. would be good to find out history and whot yuo know about it thx robert
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
would not be too hard to spot with that colorful motor....

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgyrob69 View Post
hi i bought ert 188j off ebay on 6/2/11 ,iam planning on giving it full resto as i am in car trade. would be good to find out history and whot yuo know about it thx robert
Robert!

Wow the powers of the Internet! Im going to email you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in