Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am "considering" a set of Crager SS Mags for my 70 Judge. who here has done this and can you PLEASE post a picture of your car so I can check out the look of it.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
My GTO is a '68 but it has Cragar S/S 15" wheels. In my opinion your '70 would look great with them. Unlike the '70, the '68 does not have the "eyebrows" over the wheel wells but I don't believe it would change the look much. Here are some pics of my '68.:smile3:

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beautiful ride. I too like the look of the Crager's but just hope that someone with a 70 will post a picture so I can make my decision. I also like keeping all my cars original so am really torn on this issue. Since I can't seem to find any "original" 14" wheels, only 15's or larger, I don't know of any other options. Hopefully others will join in on the discussion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My GTO is a '68 but it has Cragar S/S 15" wheels. In my opinion your '70 would look great with them. Unlike the '70, the '68 does not have the "eyebrows" over the wheel wells but I don't believe it would change the look much. Here are some pics of my '68.:smile3:
NICE car, Love the Cragars :thumbsup:...going that way myself I believe (69 GTO).
Could you post what size tires those are..?
:seeya:
Best regards...Stan

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Stan,
Got out to the garage and checked her out. Currently I'm running tires and wheels (Cragar S/S) from the last owner.

On the rear, currently it's a Radial T/A, size 255-60-15.

On the front, currently it's a Radial T/A, size 215-70-14. I plan to get 15" Cragars for the front (15x7) and mount Radial T/A's, size 225-60-15 (which should give me more caliper clearance.)

Hopefully this is helpful.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Cragar SS's look killer on ANY musclecar, period, IMO. But they gotta be 14 or 15 inchers!! Musclecars need to have sidewalls, not rubber bands!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts