Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i want to change my 14 inch rallys to 15 inch and put some bigger rubber on my 67 gto, i guess 15 x 8 rallyes.....i remember seeing some advetized that looked real nice , i see the ones ames and year one have.....but are there other places that might have them?, thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi, i want to change my 14 inch rallys to 15 inch and put some bigger rubber on my 67 gto, i guess 15 x 8 rallyes.....i remember seeing some advetized that looked real nice , i see the ones ames and year one have.....but are there other places that might have them?, thanks

"Wheel Vintiques"....I have worked with them several times and they do a good job....559-251-6957**
Scott...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am going to be selling a set of stock 14" Rally ll wheels in the near future, just in case someone is interested.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had a set of 15 x 8 Rally II's on my 67 GTO. Every time I went down a slight incline and turned my wheel sharply, the tires would rub against the fender. I found myself driving in a way that avoided sharp turns. After a driving season, I put the 14 x 6 Rally I's back on.
Brian

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a set of 15 x 8 Rally II's on my 67 GTO. Every time I went down a slight incline and turned my wheel sharply, the tires would rub against the fender. I found myself driving in a way that avoided sharp turns. After a driving season, I put the 14 x 6 Rally I's back on.
Brian
bit of bad luck there it dont sound good, i custom ordered the chrome rally 2 wheels but only 15 x 7 for front with 4.5 inch back space.....i got 15 x 8 for rear with 5.5 inch back space, picking up tomorrow they just arrived....got to figure out what tyres now and hope it all fits with no rubbing....

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
I hear good things about Specialty Wheel. I'm planning to go that route for the wheels for my drag radials. Another advantage is that they're U.S. made.

On the front end I'd go 15X7 with 4.25" back-spacing. That's what I currently have on the Beast and they're VERY close to rubbing in turns. 15x8's would probably need at least 5" of back spacing to clear the bottom edges of the fenders, but that might make them rub somewhere else.

Bear

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear good things about Specialty Wheel. I'm planning to go that route for the wheels for my drag radials. Another advantage is that they're U.S. made.

On the front end I'd go 15X7 with 4.25" back-spacing. That's what I currently have on the Beast and they're VERY close to rubbing in turns. 15x8's would probably need at least 5" of back spacing to clear the bottom edges of the fenders, but that might make them rub somewhere else.

Bear
well i got my wheels and am going to try different tyres on tomorrow to see what works....starting with 275 on the rear...and work from there....front probably 235....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.