Absolutely SLAYED a '11 Ram 1500 - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Absolutely SLAYED a '11 Ram 1500

On my way home from school today, some tard in a decided it would be prudent to bob & weave through traffic on the freeway. I had enough of his shenanigans, and passed him. It must have offended him that someone passed him, because within a minute, he caught up and decided to ride my bumper like it was a saddle on a horse. In kind, I responded with engine braking by dropping into 4th, which only irritated him further, as he almost hit me as he darted into the left lane to pass.

At this point, I was super pissed... what was so wrong about getting away from some reckless douchebag who can't handle some traffic at 6 in the evening? So I decided to toy with him. I get close to him again, and he cuts me off. Well that wouldn't stand, I've got 400+ under my hood and at least 500 pounds on this homo. So I get into the next lane, pull up next to him and dropped back down to 4th again, expecting this guy to try to be hard, which he attempted to be.

He tried to speed away (@80) and I let him get ahead a length, then caught up, gave him a length, then caught up, etc. about 4 or 5 times. By this time there was a major freeway split and we both went in the direction where a majority of people weren't going. I rolled down the window and shouted "That thing got a Hemi?™". He gave me the finger. I just laughed. Now we're rolling about 100, and he is just flooring it, catback farting away, sounding awful like trucks typically do. So I WOT'd and dusted him to the point where he was at least a 1/2 mile behind. He was toast. I don't know when he shut down (or if he did), but I wanted to really put some distance on this homo, so I kept going, up into 5th. I looked down and saw 154 on my dash and figured that was enough, got off on my exit and was on my way to my humble home.

I don't pick fights on the road, but if you come looking for/initiate one, I do not back down. Perhaps next time I should carry a few of those 1/4" thick welded steel T joints from my welding class that are in my other car for war rocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 10:26 PM

nice

I can't stand it when people in big trucks muscle their way around, trying to intimidate people, making noise with their loud after market exhaust... thinking their 6000lb. V8 pickup is fast.

I had RAM fool with me in the middle of rush hour, bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway. He was next to me and floored it a couple of times for some reason. Like there was anywhere to go or race?

I wonder, did he think I was saying to myself, "Wow! He must have a fast truck! And it sounds sooo bad ass! Thank God for this traffic or he'd really embarrass me!" Pfft, whatever.

Nice story. I would have loved to see that.

2004 QSM
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Sometimes I don't understand people's egos. Like, what is the point of flooring it past me to wedge your way between me and the guy in front of me just so you can ride your brakes again? Was that one position really worth pissing away all that fuel in the 2 ton pig of a vehicle people usually drive? I don't get it.

Last I checked, the DOT didn't classify the interstate system as an official course of NASCAR, and there's no 7, 3, 43, or 18 on the side of your car...

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 01:07 AM

I let idots go, not going to wreck my car being a jackwagon. Sometimes I put the pedal down and get away from them.

I had my share of trucks more than cars trying mess with me beleave it or not. They find out the hard way they need to stick with towing and hauling crap then trying to be fast

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho Dan View Post
Sometimes I don't understand people's egos. Like, what is the point of flooring it past me to wedge your way between me and the guy in front of me just so you can ride your brakes again? Was that one position really worth pissing away all that fuel in the 2 ton pig of a vehicle people usually drive? I don't get it.

Last I checked, the DOT didn't classify the interstate system as an official course of NASCAR, and there's no 7, 3, 43, or 18 on the side of your car...
Yet you did 154 on the freeway. Sorry bruh but that statement doesn't fit well with your actions either.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 10:41 AM

I live in a area where jacked up diesel trucks are a "status symbol" especially if you smoke the most black smoke, which have been nick named "Rig Rockets" referring the Rig Workers that drive them.

It always amazes me that they drive them like they are a BMW, racing through traffic and corners.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianGTO View Post
I live in a area where jacked up diesel trucks are a "status symbol" especially if you smoke the most black smoke, which have been nick named "Rig Rockets" referring the Rig Workers that drive them.

It always amazes me that they drive them like they are a BMW, racing through traffic and corners.
Same thing where i live. People think they have to drive a big jacked up GMC 4 wheel drive, or a Denali. Or else they dont feel like they are cool or something. That is why i drive a Cavalier as a daily driver because i dont care what people think of me. Im laughing all they way to the bank. 36 miles to the gallon and $50 tires. I just put new pads and rotors on the front and it was only $60 for parts and about an hour for me to install. And when i compare my costs to some of my friends thier excuse is " I cant drive a Cavalier". HAHAHA!! What they really mean is they cant be seen in a Cavalier.

05 GTO A4- Svede otrcai, Fast 102, Livernois stg 2 ported heads, Texas Speed 224R cam, Pacesetter LT's, Edge 3000 stall, Kooks afterburners, Pedders 0 drp rear springs and shocks, MT et streets, 418rwhp/391rwtq, [email protected]
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 03:35 PM

I have had almost all of the cars mentioned in these posts, at on time or another, my cavalier is still holding a special place in my heart for reliablility and how easy it was on the wallet! I have a regular dodge ram now but would love to trade it in for a big modded diesel soon! And I am having a blast owning this GTO. This is the first sports car me or my wife have ever had.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 07:56 PM

Guy at work has a jacked up F-350 Supercrew. His truck is so high that I can pull the Z06 under the center of the truck right below the driveshaft. The roof would hit if I tried to drive under it, but it's only about 2 inches that prevent me from making it.

I can't understand that and he can't understand my Vette. We both respect the quality and the status of each others ride in their peer group, but we just don't get it.

Cavalier with an EcoTech. One of the most economical and reliable cars made. I miss mine for the high 15 second 1/4 mile passes, great fuel economy and cheap maintenance it provided me with. Great car!!!!!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
Cavalier with an EcoTech. One of the most economical and reliable cars made. I miss mine for the high 15 second 1/4 mile passes, great fuel economy and cheap maintenance it provided me with. Great car!!!!!
04 i take it?

<-- Guess which ones quicker?.....Nope! Not even close.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in