Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok . i'm at a stop light and a black , very stock looking, bmw 335i 4 door with dark tinted windows pulls up beside me and rolls about a 1/2 car length in front of me. with me not paying him no mind the light turns green and he punches it. caught me by surprise but i punched it as well. at the end of the race, 105 in a 45, he was a 1/2 car length ahead. he never pulled on me but hey i didn't pass him either. i was very impressed. so we hit traffic and i pulled in behind him and he waves and gives me the thumbs up out his window. very nice race but damn was i depressed....... i know i haven't done much to me 06 a4, tuned, intake, and exhuast. but i thought it was going to be an easy kill. was i wrong, never under estimate the unknown. who knows what he had done to the car. i did noticed dual exhuast which is not not stock. wish i could of stopped and talked with him but i just waved goodbye.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,843 Posts
I havea friend in the neighborhood who wants to run the G8 with his wides stock 335i. I'm ready to prounce!!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
105 in a 45. Hmm; wonder if the Miami heat will have an eye open for a red GTO...
As Brett Favre discovered, it isn't a good idea to put too much info on the internet. The whole world is watching. (Just sayin')

·
Registered
141 Posts
dual exhaust is stock for a 335...those things are quick as hell...with a tune they get up close to 400 hp....ive always been reluctant to line up with my uncle who has one...

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Aren't they I6 TT?

I raced one from a dig and he got me off the line and though 2nd. I cought up in 3rd and passed in 4th.

I was shocked at how quick they are. Technology is getting good and the GTO is getting old, might be time for something fresh :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
yeah...plus bmw tends to be on top of their game with that kind of stuff...haha..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Those BMW's are no joke. They are turbo charged and make something like 340 hp.

I had a kid in a 540i pick on me from a red light. I didn't expect him to race me but I wanted to take him, and apparently he was thinking the same thing. Both of us kind of rolled on it and ended up full throttle by the time we were through the intersection. Thankfully, when we started, the nose of his car was at my window, and it stayed there the whole time. We both let up around 65-70 mph.

I wonder what would have happened it we'd both stomped on it from the light. I'd like to think I would've pulled on him, but I'm not very confidant.

I'm an automatic and all I've done is put in a K&N intake.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I/E/T is all it takes with FI.

105 in a 45. Hmm; wonder if the Miami heat will have an eye open for a red GTO...
As Brett Favre discovered, it isn't a good idea to put too much info on the internet. The whole world is watching. (Just sayin')
Out here there are limited access 45mph zones, 3 lanes wide with less traffic than the interstates. Dumb to brag about it though, I agree.

I was shocked at how quick they are. Technology is getting good and the GTO is getting old, might be time for something fresh :)
It's just turning up the boost on FI, not a technology issue.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The 335I is quick. No shame in losing to one. But they really could have got alot more out of that motor but didn't want to step on the M3's toes. So easy to make a turbo car quicker. Just a boost controller and a tune and you just went from quick to fast. But by the same token the LSx motors are a cam shaft away from going from quick to fast.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
dual exhaust is stock for a 335...those things are quick as hell...with a tune they get up close to 400 hp....ive always been reluctant to line up with my uncle who has one...
I've heard that Dinan and there was some other company that started with a V that tunes the 335 chip to make 400rwhp~ and about that in TW too.

I came across one on the freeway and they are pretty dam fast. Faster than the M3.

U should see how fast the 335x (AWD) goes off the line and on the turns. Pretty dam impressive.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I've heard that Dinan and there was some other company that started with a V that tunes the 335 chip to make 400rwhp~ and about that in TW too.

I came across one on the freeway and they are pretty dam fast. Faster than the M3.

U should see how fast the 335x (AWD) goes off the line and on the turns. Pretty dam impressive.
A guy that regularly races at Orlando Speedworld has a Dian preped car. He runs 12.4's real consistantly. Quick car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I really had a hard time getting away from a 335i aswell when i didnt have the supercharger. That was it.. I bought a procharger. God damn it, feels sick about almost loosing against a 335i.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts