C55 amg - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
C55 amg

I have no clue what this guy was thinking.

He had a nice white C55 AMG and two passengers with him. We were driving down 441 towards Orlando. He was in a string of traffic doing 55 and I was doing about 65 in the left lane. I passed him and he jumped out behind me and started riding my butt.

We cleared the string of cars on the right and he dove for the right lane and nailed it.

I stomped him. 65 to 110 and I had 6 cars on him maybe more. No clue what he was thinking. If I'd have been in the Mustang it might have been one thing, but this guy has to know that a C5 Z06 is at least a mid to low 12's car and his Mercedes is a mid 13's car and with 2 guys plus the driver it's probably more like a 14 second car.

He didn't even aknowledge the race. I slowed and he slowed and wouldn't pass till I got back down to about 65. He then did a ricer fly by and put on his flashers. I was half tempted to squash him again, but it really didn't matter so I just ignored him.

Drove the Z06 today. It's been getting ignored since I bought the Mustang and let me tell you, it felt soooooooo good to drive the Vette. It's just so fast and fun. I'm keeping this car forever. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 10:03 PM

Why put the flashers on, I see it on a lot of Utube videos and have wondered.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 03:06 AM

Garage
It goes along with the ricer flyby, it's his way of saying "I won," just like flying by you going 20+ faster than you even though you just stomped him and aren't racing anymore.

In serious street drag races it's a way of showing everyone back at the start who won, but I've never seen it done on the open road unaccompanied by a ricer flyby.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
I have no clue what this guy was thinking.

He had a nice white C55 AMG and two passengers with him. We were driving down 441 towards Orlando. He was in a string of traffic doing 55 and I was doing about 65 in the left lane. I passed him and he jumped out behind me and started riding my butt.

We cleared the string of cars on the right and he dove for the right lane and nailed it.

I stomped him. 65 to 110 and I had 6 cars on him maybe more. No clue what he was thinking. If I'd have been in the Mustang it might have been one thing, but this guy has to know that a C5 Z06 is at least a mid to low 12's car and his Mercedes is a mid 13's car and with 2 guys plus the driver it's probably more like a 14 second car.

He didn't even aknowledge the race. I slowed and he slowed and wouldn't pass till I got back down to about 65. He then did a ricer fly by and put on his flashers. I was half tempted to squash him again, but it really didn't matter so I just ignored him.

Drove the Z06 today. It's been getting ignored since I bought the Mustang and let me tell you, it felt soooooooo good to drive the Vette. It's just so fast and fun. I'm keeping this car forever. LOL

Nice run. I beat one from a dig in my 06 goat by about 2 cars to 80. He probably thought you were just a regular C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in