Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home from work tonight I was behind a Charger. He had an aftermarket exhaust on and was red with white stripes. The exhaust was big duals and loud enough that I could hear his car inside mine.

We came up to a light with him in the left lane and no traffic ahead of him. The light was red. There was a car in the right lane. I had a 98-02 Camaro behind me with a aftermarket hood scoop on.

Right before we stopped the light turned green and he stepped down. I could hear the exhaust note in my car. As soon as we cleared the car to the right I moved to the right and planted it.

The Charger mashed the gas and so did the Camaro. I started pulling on the Charger and by 70 had a couple car lengths on him. The Camaro came around the Charger and moved to the left but slowly dropped back after 70. We ran up to about a 100-110.

I let off and the Camaro came around in a ricer fly-by. He had an aftermarket exhaust too.

The fun part is, I was in my Hyundai Son ata and this was a V6 Camaro and a Charger SXT. I'm guessing the Charger was a 2.7 V6. That would be pretty embarassing to have a car that you change the exhaust on and add stripes and such and still get beat by a plain little 4cyl Hyundai.

:willy::lol::rofl:

·
Registered
505 Posts
LOL thats funny. I was assuming he was in his z06 too. I guess a race is a race though. Good Kill!!! I like running people with my 03 cavalier 2.2 5speed. Totally stock and will stay that way. I get more action in my cavi than i get with the GTO. I recently ran a mid/late 90's 6 cylinder toyota pickup with my cavi from a light and it was a pretty close race until i hit 3rd gear and it was night night for the yota. heh... its all fun no matter what you drive.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL thats funny. I was assuming he was in his z06 too. I guess a race is a race though. Good Kill!!! I like running people with my 03 cavalier 2.2 5speed. Totally stock and will stay that way. I get more action in my cavi than i get with the GTO. I recently ran a mid/late 90's 6 cylinder toyota pickup with my cavi from a light and it was a pretty close race until i hit 3rd gear and it was night night for the yota. heh... its all fun no matter what you drive.
I loved running my 03 Cavi 5 spd. Sleeper car of the year.

I took it to the track. I convinced a friend of mine to bring his 1997 Mustang GT vert A4 that night. He ran a 15.4 and I ran a 15.6 but beat him on the reaction time so I got the win. I could consistantly beat him to 70 and sometimes 80 with that car. Lots of fun catching the unsuspecting fartcan Honda and beating it.

:cheers

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
The fun part is, I was in my Hyundai Son ata and this was a V6 Camaro and a Charger SXT. I'm guessing the Charger was a 2.7 V6. That would be pretty embarassing to have a car that you change the exhaust on and add stripes and such and still get beat by a plain little 4cyl Hyundai.
:willy::lol::rofl:
Actually, the Charger should have been a 3.5 HO. At least that's what's in my wifes SXT...... The SE's have the smaller motor.

·
Registered
154 Posts
what the heck i thought this was a srt8 charger and a 2010 camaro ss and he was in the z06,,next thing we're gonna hear a bad a$$ story and then at the end hes gonna be like "by the way i was in a ford pinto with headers"

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what the heck i thought this was a srt8 charger and a 2010 camaro ss and he was in the z06,,next thing we're gonna hear a bad a$$ story and then at the end hes gonna be like "by the way i was in a ford pinto with headers"
Sorry but that was a Vega not a Pinto. GM never Ford. LOL

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't had any takers on the Z06 for so long it's not funny. At this point I just take what I can get.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I loved running my 03 Cavi 5 spd. Sleeper car of the year.

I took it to the track. I convinced a friend of mine to bring his 1997 Mustang GT vert A4 that night. He ran a 15.4 and I ran a 15.6 but beat him on the reaction time so I got the win. I could consistantly beat him to 70 and sometimes 80 with that car. Lots of fun catching the unsuspecting fartcan Honda and beating it.

:cheers
Wow a 15.6 is pretty good! :party: I might run mine one day for the fun of it LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts