Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my daily commute I ended up at a traffic light beside a Charger SRT8. It was silver with black stripes like the AAR Cuda had on the rear fenders.

I had a feeling the guy wanted to run and I had decided to oblige. Unfortunately for him he tipped his hand to me. The thing was supercharged. He put it in nuetral and reved and I picked up on the whine instantly.

Long story short we launched about equal and he put about a half car on me till the 1-2 shift. By the top of second I had almost evened it up and by the top of 3rd I had a solid car and a half lead.

I let off there and blinked my lights, but he stayed in it till way past prudent. We were on a 55 mph road and he ran up to about 140 and we had some light patchy fog this morning.

Fun run though and he had impressive power.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll play Deuuuce for us.

The SRT8 is a 12 second car. It gets into the 12's more times than the GTO does stock. See all the magazines show the SRT8 as faster than the GTO. The reason you don't see SRT8's at the track running the number that magazines claim is because the drivers don't know how to get it in super special mode. Once put in super special mode the cars are almost undefeatable.

Fergy, there are tons of people with superchargers on the 6.1L SRT8 cars that are running into the 10's and 11's. You caught a guy that obviously was an inferior driver and if he would have known what he was doing he would have crushed you.

The SRT8 was created by God to be superior to all other vehicles. There is no disputing this. If you do dispute it you're an idiot and your position is defeated because God says so.

Long live the SRT8. GTO's are ok but SRT8's are great.

I think that pretty much covers it so now he doesn't have to join the conversation.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Apparently supercharged SRT-8s only run low 13s too....

Oh, put a car length on a 330rwhp full bolt-on Fbody the other day....

C5Zs and LS3s put about 2 CLs on me.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm aiming to make 600-700rwhp on mines soon.
What sorta distance would I make on a stock SRT-8?
We talking bus or football fields length?
You're so funny. Is your NSX supercharged btw?

I'm trying to figure out badly I would beat a stock GTO but then again I'm only tuned, not heavily modded with a power adder....I figure close to a bus length. ;)

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Apparently supercharged SRT-8s only run low 13s too....

Oh, put a car length on a 330rwhp full bolt-on Fbody the other day....

C5Zs and LS3s put about 2 CLs on me.

So think about what you just said. You put a car length on a 330 rwhp F-body. That's a car that weighs 600 pounds less than you. So right there you need 60 more hp than him. So that means your making 390. Now you put a car length on him which means you are now making 400 plus whp.

You need to disclose your mods that got you an extra 30- 40 hp over a stock SRT8. Otherwise I wave the BS flag.

Now lets move on to the LS3 and the C5Z. They run pretty close to the same numbers, 12.3-12.5. A tenth equals about a car length in the 1/4 so if you get beat by a car length it's fair to say that you run mid 12's. From a stock SRT8 that's pure fan boi BS.

Looking at the math again, C5Z weighs 3100 pounds or a 1000 pounds less than an SRT8. They put 350ish stock to the wheels. The LS3 cars weigh 200 pounds more and put 370-380 to the wheels. Stock SRT8's put less than an LS3 to the wheels. They weigh 800 pounds more. Again you need headers plus to run with an LS3 car or a C5 Z.

A C5Z like mine with a Vararam intake can break into the 11's. I know, I did it with my first C5Z. This one isn't there consistantly yet so call my car a 12.0 second car. So this guy was a low 12's car on wider than stock street tires. Yep you are right he couldn't have a had a supercharger, In the wide wonderfull world of Deuuce a SRT8 supercharged is a solid 9 second car.

Go smoke your fan boi stuff.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I'm trying to figure out badly I would beat a stock GTO but then again I'm only tuned, not heavily modded with a power adder....I figure close to a bus length. ;)
Let's see, how bad would Deuuuce beat a stock GTO??????

In the wide wonderfull world of Deuuuce it would be 2 bus lengths and a crack pipe.

In the real world the 400 pound lighter GTO be about a car or 2 ahead. Your crack pipe wouldn't come in to play there though.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Your reading skills seem to be reverse proportional to your automotive knowledge. I.E. my signature.

You need to disclose your mods that got you an extra 30- 40 hp over a stock SRT8. Otherwise I wave the BS flag.
Same mods I've had for long time. intake, exhaust, dyno tuned, 398rwhp/422rwtq on 91octane daily driver tune.

Now lets move on to the LS3 and the C5Z. They run pretty close to the same numbers, 12.3-12.5. A tenth equals about a car length in the 1/4 so if you get beat by a car length it's fair to say that you run mid 12's. From a stock SRT8 that's pure fan boi BS.
2 CLs from a 55-60mph roll.

Yep you are right he couldn't have a had a supercharger, In the wide wonderfull world of Deuuce a SRT8 supercharged is a solid 9 second car.

Go smoke your fan boi stuff.
I didn't even realize I even IMPLIED he wasn't supercharged. It was a spot-on race accounting for the huge variances in aftermarket SC'd cars.

Let's see, how bad would Deuuuce beat a stock GTO??????

In the wide wonderfull world of Deuuuce it would be 2 bus lengths and a crack pipe.

In the real world the 400 pound lighter GTO be about a car or 2 ahead. Your crack pipe wouldn't come in to play there though.
300lbs, less (rated) hp, drivers race stock for stock. Always has been, always will. Equal gearing to 48mph, GTO advantage to 49mph to 100mph, back to SRT-8 advantage over 100mph.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

No blower for the NSX. Not cost effective to spend $12k for just 60rwhp that is still linear. Pretty pathetic.

However, the Lovefab 921RWHP / 641TQ NSX turbo has my attention.

Some Serious Power – LoveFab NSX Hits the Dyno|LoveFab INC.

And it's under 3000lbs.

That should command some respect.....

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
GOTTA love these kill stories

when behind the wheel of your GTO racing a SRT8.
remember the words of MISTER T

PITTY THE FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Guys in Chargers won't even look at me. :lol:
Yeah, the Charger and Challanger guys usually look the other way. A lot of the Mustang owners think they are king of they hill. It's usually the younger guys that just don't know any better.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts