Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was good for the first 494 miles, just couldn't make it to 500 for the break in.

Came down an entrance ramp onto 95S in Jacksonville and ended up beside a Caddy XLR-V. I love those cars, so I started checking it out. He punched it and I moved over behind him and followed for a short jaunt.

We got past the 295 split and traffic let up so I moved up beside him trying to get equal. He punched it before I was even and before I was anyway near ready to punch it. We started from about 75 mph.

I mashed the gas and stopped his pull by 85-90. He was about a car ahead at that point. At about 105 I started to gain on him and by 125 our position had switched with me being a car ahead of him.

This suprised both of us. I felt really good, I thought those cars were 12.5 or so in the 1/4 mile. Most of the road tests I've seen indicate 12.7 to 13.0 and 109 to 111 mph. Should have been a real close match which it was.

1st race is my first kill. A good way to start out.

A guy at the store I'm working at then challenged me to a race with his Nissan Titan. He said even though his truck was heavier that his 5.6 liter was enough bigger that he regularly beats Mustang V8's.

I educated him!!!

We have a pretty empty road in the industrial park we are in. Most of the lots are empty and we are the furthest back business in the plan. We went out front onto the road with a clear mile ahead of us before the next business. We only needed a 1/16th of a mile before I had several car lengths and by 80 I had about 15 cars on him.

He then asked what mods I had done becasue there wasn't any Mustang that quick stock. I smilled and nodded.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
It's nice that Ford can make a Mustang fast without having to attach someone else's name to it.

"Yeah I got a Roush/Shelby/Saleen" :D
"Mine's just a GT" :(

Those days are over.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
It's nice that Ford can make a Mustang fast without having to attach someone else's name to it.

"Yeah I got a Roush/Shelby/Saleen" :D
"Mine's just a GT" :(

Those days are over.
Yeah, what sux is those people who bought those special edition Mustangs a few years ago paid extra over the GT. Now the GT is just as fast or faster than them. Now all they got is a name.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, what sux is those people who bought those special edition Mustangs a few years ago paid extra over the GT. Now the GT is just as fast or faster than them. Now all they got is a name.
And for some strange reason they still get premium prices for them. A 2007 Saleen 427R is just about equal to my car in performance. Maybe not quite as fast. It is still pulling high 20's to low 30's. ?????????

I've never understood why a Saleen or a Roush from 2003-2004 is worth more than a Cobra with the same miles. Sure the car named car was more expensive, but reality is the Cobra was better.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Im not a Mustang expert but the Saleen and the Roush Mustangs are probably worth more to people because they are limited/special edition cars. For the most part they had to be sent to Roush or Saleen for their upgrades and the SVT Cobra was built by factory engineers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts