Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I am stationed in Germany - yes the Autobahn is sweet, but it is being flooded with smart cars, so getting a kill here is hard because as soon as you get to 150 you are hitting your brakes for some smart car or similar compact car. Leaving work today and there is a Jaguar XFR in the lane next to me. We are both making left turns and trying to get on the autobahn. He slams on the gas and jumps in front of me like a pompous prick and how I notice the XFR on his trunk, dual exhaust, throaty sound, and the body style. We hit the entrance ramp and he is just gunning it every second he gets a chance. We hit the merge lane and I dump it to 2nd gear and nail it. I have a nice break in traffic to get from the slow lane to the fast lane and I take it. Of course I was faster then him so he has to get behind me. I did not cut him off just took a nice jump in front of him while he second guessed himself.

We hit a construction zone and through the zone he is on my bumper throttling up and backing off. We come out of the construction doing about 30 and I put it into 4th gear. I wasn't trying to gun it due to the traffic. The traffic cleared up and he came flying up on my butt. I left it in 4th and buried the pedal. I took off slowly and he stayed on my butt. As soon as I got around 3k rpm I started to slowly pull away. As I went through the gears all the way to 150 I looked back and noticed I had about 8 car lengths on him. I was quickly coming up on the second construction zone and slowed down. He started riding the bumper again and as I pulled over he blew past me and gave me the finger. He was probably pissed that this lesser car was better then his so expensive Jaguar.

I smiled as I noticed my good ole GOAT put a beating on a $70,000 Jaguar. Smiling from ear to ear and loving every minute of it.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Nice Kill! Bahn is really fun, I was at Bitburg 91-94. It always got me that you could get your doors blown off doing 100 MPH/160 KPH.. I had a 911 blow by me @ about 150 MPH with an Opel station wagon right on his tail, I figured 4 cylinder stationed wagons were the baddest around, or they were towing the wagon home!! Isn't the speed limit 85 MPH now? And they got those damn cameras everywhere, I was there last October with the GF in Stuttgart. I LOVE Germany, I could live there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
when shopping for our next car me and my wife had narrowed our search to a GTO and a jag X type R. we test drove both and it was hard to say anything bad about the jag except it wasnt american. i am glad we chose the GTO though. that was a close call lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the station wagons are still the baddest contenders here. I have destroyed enough Porsches over here. They aren't anything to special. Most people drive them slow and don't want any action. Since my 2 years of having the Goat here I have only run across about 3 cars that have put a hurting on me.

The speed limit is still wide open in most areas, but a lot of areas have speed limits now especially when you get close to cities. The unrestricted speed limit causes too much pollution and noise. The autobahn is too congested now. I remember my first time in Germany 93-97 and it was nice to drive on the autobahn. Plus back then you could flash your highs or put you left blinker on in the fast lane and people actually moved over. Now they just stay there and could care less that you are going faster then them. I will run 160 in the goat if there isn't any traffic. Yes they have cameras on the secondary roads now. They are everywhere, and they will set up the portable ones on the autobahn to catch you speeding in a speed zone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts