Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track on Sunday for my birthday and raced my brothers SRT8 jeep.

Little background info:
Ever since I bought my GOAT my brother has been telling me to "move the slow car in the street" or " drive the slow car to dinner" and blah blah blah. I just let him trash talk with his $40000 jeep, lol.

Track day, we got there bright and early to do our runs. Stock GTO vs. Stock SRT8 jeep. Almost a full second i torched him by. 3 runs and 3 wins for the GOAT.

He is still in denial but the print outs are on my desk so I happy. Now lets see what happens when i match his $40000's invested into a car and see who really wins lol
Best Birthday ever

wolfpack

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Congrats!
My people in the keys bought a SRT-8 Chrysler 300 and asked me the same thing with my LS-1 Vette. I said if you beat me so be it. But, they are over 4,000 lbs and need the 425HP to compete with a 3200 lb vehicle.. Chrysler made a great Hemi, to bad it's moving heavy weight vehicles, ie. FAT..

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Nice.

Its funny to see Chrysler do things that GM had done years ago with the GMC Typhoon and Buick Roadmaster.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Its funny to see Chrysler do ______
Fixed. Sorry, working on so many of them, especially Dodge Dakotas, I couldn't help but find this funny. Some of their stuff really makes you say "Ok, WTF you guys?" Like not having a dipstick for the auto trans, or no anti-rattle clips between the front brake pads & the steering knuckle guides/lands which allows heavy groves to form in the cast iron and causes the brake calipers to stick & smoke/catch fire...

Back on topic, Jeep SRT8s are no slouch as a street machine. Track use is a different story. I've not directly lined up against one on the street but they are QUICK with that AWD.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Fixed. Sorry, working on so many of them, especially Dodge Dakotas, I couldn't help but find this funny. Some of their stuff really makes you say "Ok, WTF you guys?" Like not having a dipstick for the auto trans
Whoa, whoa, whoa, watch what you say. Being a G8 owner also, we don't have transmission dipsticks too. I think GM calls it filled for life:rolleyes:, life of what? That can very in prison terms.

·
Registered
282 Posts
first nice win on a cocky owner. Always a lot of fun beating a guy that thinks he's way faster than you but he must have been an awefull driver to lose by a full second the GTO and the SRT-8 are both high 12 second cars in the right hands. With that AWD those things jump of the line usally leaving you to catch them on the other end of the track.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Nice kill! That Jeep SRT8 is my dream SUV. I've still never seen one on the road. I really like the Trailblazer SS's too, but I've seen a bunch of those. I like the "rare" factor of the Jeeps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts