Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way to work at 6:30am when the sun was barely up and there was no traffic on 84E (after the bridge).

We were checking each other out (I can see him, but he can't see me since I'm 5% tint).

There was no warning and he hammers it and passes me by a half a bus length.

I quickly drop down to 4th at 75MPH and hammer it. At first my pull was a little slow until I hit 85MPH. Then it was pulling hard.

At the end of 4th I had over a bus length on him.

He tried a few more times, but I reassure him that it wasn't luck or a fluke.

Based on his custom plates "2010ROD" I Googled him and am pretty sure that this is the guy:

"rodney blalock" camaro - Google Search

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It might come down to a driver's race.

Here are the list of advantages that the GTO has over the Camaro:

Weight
.Cd
Lighter wheel/tire package (rotational mass)

How about gearing?

·
Registered
38 Posts
On the way to work at 6:30am when the sun was barely up and there was no traffic on 84E (after the bridge).

We were checking each other out (I can see him, but he can't see me since I'm 5% tint).

There was no warning and he hammers it and passes me by a half a bus length.

I quickly drop down to 4th at 75MPH and hammer it. At first my pull was a little slow until I hit 85MPH. Then it was pulling hard.

At the end of 4th I had over a bus length on him.

He tried a few more times, but I reassure him that it wasn't luck or a fluke.

Based on his custom plates "2010ROD" I Googled him and am pretty sure that this is the guy:

"rodney blalock" camaro - Google Search
lol twitter he forgot to tell everyone he got beat by ur goat the other morning :lol:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Stock to stock a GTO can still take a 5th gen Camaro SS.
Actually stock for stock its a drivers race. Hp to weight ratio is about the same. Unless its an auto SS with the L99 then the GTO should be able to beat it.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Actually stock for stock its a drivers race. Hp to weight ratio is about the same. Unless its an auto SS with the L99 then the GTO should be able to beat it.
what if he's tuned?
the only thing that sperated the l99 from the ls3 is AFM tunrn that off fudge with af ratios and you got a WINER!! :p
should me a drivers race

the maro does have wider tires.....

·
Registered
208 Posts
what if he's tuned?
the only thing that sperated the l99 from the ls3 is AFM tunrn that off fudge with af ratios and you got a WINER!! :p
should me a drivers race

Well since I said stock to stock then the GTO would have the edge over the auto SS. If its tuned then its not exactly stock now is it!? Of course anything can be modded but I wasnt talking about a modded auto SS to a stock GTO.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
There was nothing false about my original statement. Call it a driver's race if you want, but stock for stock a GTO can take a 5th gen Camaro.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what if he's tuned?
should me a drivers race

I suspect he wasn't tuned since it's probably still under warranty.

The maro has more rotational mass and rolling resistence to the GTO tires/wheels.

that and I suspect that the .Cd is terrible.

It will need just 30HP that it has over a LS2 to make up for that.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There was nothing false about my original statement. Call it a driver's race if you want, but stock for stock a GTO can take a 5th gen Camaro.
If it does, I suspect that it would be less than a cars length.

Perhaps a panel and a door length.

Nothing to boast about IMHO - hence the need for a Maggie and supporting mods.

When I kill cars I would to talk about Bus lengths.......

·
Registered
738 Posts
I suspect he wasn't tuned since it's probably still under warranty.

The maro has more rotational mass and rolling Resistance to the GTO tires/wheels.

that and I suspect that the .Cd is terrible.

It will need just 30HP that it has over a LS2 to make up for that.
Which the LS3 does and the L99 can, But in either case the Vette still whoops both are asses
If it does, I suspect that it would be less than a cars length.
Perhaps a panel and a door length.

Nothing to boast about IMHO - hence the need for a Maggie and supporting mods.
When I kill cars I would to talk about Bus lengths.......
I know a cts-v owner that wants to whoop on you, and you should worry it's all motor ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
:rofl: Im not sure what your smoking but it must be good. A stock 5th gen. manual Camaro SS runs the 1/4 in or close to 13 seconds. Guess what, thats about where the stock GTO is at so no a stock GTO is not going to "take" the new manual SS. Like I already stated, its a drivers race.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts