Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out in the Vette last Friday night out on the hyway and I hear some one up ahead going thru the gears and was also real loud.I looked to see what all the noise was about and I saw the word Cobra on the rear bumper of this Mustang and this thing sounded good. The Cobra moves over to the right lane and I am in the center lane back about a car and a half.We were going about 50mph and this guy nails it so I down shift to 2nd gear and and blow by him and hit 3rd gear as I pass the Cobra.This Cobra was not a new one and I don't know much about Mustangs.The front and rear fenders were rounded off on the Mustang so I figured it must be a 2000,2001,2002.BTW my Vette puts down 355 at the wheels with headers and a tune.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Good kill, I've been wanting to race a Cobra in my GTO. I was beside one @ the car show last weekend, but there was to many cars and cops on the strip.I know I can but a regular Mustang, but always wanted a cobra. I love mustangs they taste just like chicken :lol:

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
It was most likely an 00' or 01' Cobra, because the 03-04's were supercharged and underrated at 390 hp and 390 tq. The 00' and 01's on the other hand were not supercharged and were 320 hp and 317 tq.

Good kill!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts