Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left work and found a black newer CLS 63 AMG. I got lucky an lined up with him at the light. GREEN! We both take off not too hard and then fully punch it at arround 20MPH. We go until about 80 and he has a car lenth on me. I had some traction issues in 1 and part of 2(tires were cold still). It sounded great and the guy was cool enough to slow down and give me a thumbs up.

Did some quick looking arround on the interwebz, they do 0-60 in about 4 seconds so I'm happy I kept up as good as I did.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
I left work and found a black newer CLS 63 AMG. I got lucky an lined up with him at the light. GREEN! We both take off not too hard and then fully punch it at arround 20MPH. We go until about 80 and he has a car lenth on me. I had some traction issues in 1 and part of 2(tires were cold still). It sounded great and the guy was cool enough to slow down and give me a thumbs up.

Did some quick looking arround on the interwebz, they do 0-60 in about 4 seconds so I'm happy I kept up as good as I did.

One of the "Supercars" shows pitted a Mercedes AMG against a 2011 Cadillac CTS-V. The Caddy kicked the Mercedes' butt in three out of four tests (the fourth resulted in a tie). American cars are better than people think. Not surprised that you fared so well.:cheers

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
One of the "Supercars" shows pitted a Mercedes AMG against a 2011 Cadillac CTS-V. The Caddy kicked the Mercedes' butt in three out of four tests (the fourth resulted in a tie). American cars are better than people think. Not surprised that you fared so well.:cheers
To be fair the CTS-V has a blower and the Benz didn't.

Just imagine if the Benz had one.........

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I saw that one. It was ep.7.

PROGRAMS - BATTLE-OF-THE-SUPERCARS - The Motor Sports Authority - Auto Racing, Formula 1, Moto Racing, NASCAR, News, Photos, Videos, Blogs, & more... - SPEEDtv.com

·
Super Moderator
2,639 Posts
To be fair the CTS-V has a blower and the Benz didn't.

Just imagine if the Benz had one.........
That's not a valid point. The fact that it had a blower means nothing. Maybe the few extra horses the Caddy has helped it win its categories. What are their gross weights w/drivers? What about gearing? I didn't see the Supercar show that ppurfield001 mentioned but he did say that the fourth test was a tie. How's that possible if the Caddy was supercharged? See my point?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts