Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well apparently it was a big mistake to try to run the car with all season street tires! My best run of the night was done starting in 2nd gear(no joke), I ran a [email protected] with a horrible 2.2 60ft. Can't wait to see what the car can do with a set of drag radials! The other runs were [email protected], the car absolutely will not hook in 1st or 2nd gear. I have been drag racing for many years and never had this kind of problem. What setups do you guys reccomend for getting a better launch??

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mods are Magnacharger running 8.5lbs, long tube headers w/o cats, bassani cat-back, 160 t-stat, custom air intake located in drivers fender well behind fog light, spec stage 3+ clutch, and dynotuned making 532whp, 568wtq. I need to do suspension work now. I would like to get some input on what works best with GTO's for drag racing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Solid rear axle with 4.11 gears and 12" DOT slicks. :) Nice setup and great numbers! The hp numbers sound a bit high though from what I've seen posted up by other Maggie users at those pressure. Stock heads and cam?

I'm only joking about the solid axle, though there is a few running around with that mod. Out of my league and experience, but I know the rule thats spouted around here is that at your hp numbers you need a one piece drive shaft ($800), and different stub axles ($800 also I believe). Again, nice setup and times for all season tires! low 12's on all seasons in a rear drive car... talk about potential!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Street tires and a cool or poorly prepped track - really nothing you can do. Outstanding car and power though. Must be nice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts