User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ran into my first 2011 5.0 Mustang GT

So 6 years ago i ended up spending 2 nights in jail after being clocked at 160mph in a 70mph zone. From that day on I stopped being stupid and screwing around on the highway. Ill play around every now and then with the low end torque but i leave top speed alone.

It seems like every other day that I have a ricer pull up to me on the highway and rev their 2 liter engines. I pretty much just laugh and keep driving normal because i know its not worth the gas and its definatley not worth going to jail.

Well today i was heading into town to meet a friend and i look in my rear view mirror and i see this mustang pretty much touching my rear bumper. So I smash the peddle down and let it shift into third for just a second to get up to 80 mph and i get in the slow lane to let him pass. I notice as he pulls up next to me that its the new 5.0 liter mustang. He slows down to match my speed and shows that he wants to race.

Normally like every other day i would just blow it off, but I really was interested to see how this one would end up. So i smash the pedal and off we go. We ran two different times from about 70 to 140ish. I am sad to report that the Mustang ate my lunch...TWICE... I mean it wasnt even close. I would hang with him for about 2 seconds and then he would start pulling me hard.

Now i should mention that his car was not stock. The very least he had was an aftermarket (extremely loud) exhaust. And he had a huge sticker across his front windshield that read 3 letter that i can not remember. But still even thought i have an A4 and it was a highway pull and i was running regular 87 gas. I still did not expect to get destroyed that bad.

I love my car and i have never thought it was not fast enough. But today for the first time i felt like i was driving a mini-van. I refuse to be beaten but a freaking Crustang. But maybe Ford finally got something right for once. Needless to say i drove away with my tail tucked between my legs and my head down.

Can someone please drive to Franklin, TN and show this guy what a GTO is capable of because mine is stock and i still cant believe i got spanked by a mustank

06 A4 Torrid Red GTO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 12:14 AM

The windshield sticker adds 15hp lol. The new 5.0's are not to slow

I think its time to mod up my friend. Also i have never put anything under 93 in my car, i wasn't even aware that we could run on 83.

If you were going 160 how did you get pulled over lol? Why would a cop even engage a car going that fast. I would think by the time he puts the car in D and pulls out you would be a long way ahead.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
If you were going 160 how did you get pulled over lol? Why would a cop even engage a car going that fast. I would think by the time he puts the car in D and pulls out you would be a long way ahead.[/QUOTE]

Nothings faster than a police radio.

Not to preach, but I suggest "racing" at the track, I lost a car to a catastrophic nitrous fire street racing years ago. I learned my lesson the hard way.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
A stock A4, 5.7 on 87 octane and you're surprised you got beat?

2005 Pontaic GTO - CGM 6 Speed (My car)
2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT (My daily driver)
2010 Mercedes Benz C300 Sedan (Wife's car)
2014 Kia Rio LX (Wife's daily driver)
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 10:41 AM

How do you know it's a 5.7? And as far as the A4 goes, that's no disadvantage. I handed a 2005 M6 with a Texas-Speed 5.3L heads-cam setup with a much more radical cam then mine and only 25 hp separating the 2 of us (my 455 rwhp to his 430 rwhp) his ass twice from a 50 mph roll. (2006, A4, Texas-Speed LS3 heads/cam/Fast intake manifold setup).
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 11:26 AM

Running that low of grade of fuel I'm sure pulled alot of timing out of your motor, it states on the gas cap 93 octane recommended, There are tunes available for that low, But it decreases the performance so much, I haven't ran across any around here yet, Not a bad loss at all, I think Ford finally got it right on the Mustang. Nothing to be ashamed of.

05 GTO/A4 Just some bolt ins 1.7461 60' 4.9649 330' 7.1500 594' 7.6440 1/8 mi. @ 91.10 mph.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 01:36 PM

Well first off. I have 2.4 liters and would totally curb stomp your V8! So dont underestimate the compatetion. Secondly you have a stock GTO and your suprised you lost to a lighter car making more power? I'm getting a new mustang this spring. Amazing car for the money. That is unless my wife gets her way. then I'll be in a new SS. Either way it'll be nice to feel the power going to the right wheels again. I'm not even going to get into the 160 thing.

SRT-4 Stage 3
[email protected],
Best trap 120.60
Best sixty 1.68
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 03:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
Well first off. I have 2.4 liters and would totally curb stomp your V8! So dont underestimate the compatetion. Secondly you have a stock GTO and your suprised you lost to a lighter car making more power? I'm getting a new mustang this spring. Amazing car for the money. That is unless my wife gets her way. then I'll be in a new SS. Either way it'll be nice to feel the power going to the right wheels again. I'm not even going to get into the 160 thing.
Yeah but at the end of the day you drive a neon. Not trying to fight but obviously a pop can with a turbo is faster than a quality built stock N/A GTO. Anything with a stage 3 turbo set up is gonna beat a stock GTO.

Last edited by mikes06goat; 09-09-2010 at 03:41 PM.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyminpin View Post
How do you know it's a 5.7?
My bad; I somehow got the idea it was an 04.

And I wouldn't even dignify post #7 with a response......

2005 Pontaic GTO - CGM 6 Speed (My car)
2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT (My daily driver)
2010 Mercedes Benz C300 Sedan (Wife's car)
2014 Kia Rio LX (Wife's daily driver)
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 05:10 PM

i wish i can run in to one i pulled 2 cars on my buddys stock goat with just a couple of bolt ons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in