Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been scouring forums and threads looking @ the numbers gtos put down.. granted i only have ps lt's, catless mids, k&n intake, monstr lvl 3 clutch, and an msw-p shifter along with a mild tune, i know i shouldnt expect something phenomenal. but crap. I came from having a turbo cobalt that could run l 13s with ease on street tires and it only put down a measely 240 whp on a dyno that my goat made 303 on.

Is it reasonable to expect around a 12.9 or 13.0 in this car? my cobalt weighed 3650 with me in it and the gto weighed 3800 last i went to the track...(with everything in it)

considering the cobalt had 63 less whp than the goat on the same dyno and it ran 13s easily... why shouldnt the goat be able to run low 13s or even a high 12??

·
Registered
377 Posts
I would think with a 2.0x 60ft you'll be in the 12s no problem (with good shifting). The launch will be key.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I came from having a turbo cobalt that could run l 13s with ease on street tires and it only put down a measely 240 whp on a dyno that my goat made 303 on. my cobalt weighed 3650 with me in it and the gto weighed 3800 last i went to the track...(with everything in it)

considering the cobalt had 63 less whp than the goat on the same dyno and it ran 13s easily... why shouldnt the goat be able to run low 13s or even a high 12??
I feel your pain. My Saturn is quicker than my Gto also. How does your Balt weigh so much compared to your Gto? The Balt and Ion are supposedly 100 pounds apart and mine weighs 3100. Stereo stuff?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel your pain. My Saturn is quicker than my Gto also. How does your Balt weigh so much compared to your Gto? The Balt and Ion are supposedly 100 pounds apart and mine weighs 3100. Stereo stuff?
the balt had a custom turbo setup. the mani and the downpipe were very strong and heavy.. and the intercooler was fairly large along with alot of piping.... im a basketball player as well so my 220 lbs doesnt really help..

·
Registered
377 Posts
2.2 isn't getting an LS2 in the 12s.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
303rwhp with your mods is a VERY low number on any dyno.
You should be around 350-375rwhp.
I have ps headers, X-pipe, no cats, AEM intake, large glasspacks
and mild tune and have 369/370 on a dynojet.

Larry

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
303rwhp with your mods is a VERY low number on any dyno.
You should be around 350-375rwhp.
I have ps headers, X-pipe, no cats, AEM intake, large glasspacks
and mild tune and have 369/370 on a dynojet.

Larry
That's why I asked what kind of dyno and what year. Mustangs are known to be a little more stingy then Dynojets, but damn.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's why I asked what kind of dyno and what year. Mustangs are known to be a little more stingy then Dynojets, but damn.
yea this dyno is nuts

specifically i have ps lt's mids, x pipe on magnaflow exhaust, so i expected alot more

a cammed goat with the same mods made 360whp also an 05

·
Registered
59 Posts
My car is a 05 with a vararam,lt,custom h pipe and 125k miles and put down 386/405 I think there is a lot more left in your tune

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
505 Posts
Driver mod is needed... also the factory tune sucks... there is a lot of torque management and abuse mode and suck mode built into the tune. Heatsoak is a major power killer too. Look into the Omega thermister mod.
My first ever run with the car when it was stock with just a predator tune was a [email protected] with a 2.0x 60'. My best is a [email protected] with a 2.1x 60'... its hard to launch on these skinny tires. Im going about 25-30mph before i go full throttle.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Driver mod is needed... also the factory tune sucks... there is a lot of torque management and abuse mode and suck mode built into the tune. Heatsoak is a major power killer too. Look into the Omega thermister mod.
My first ever run with the car when it was stock with just a predator tune was a [email protected] with a 2.0x 60'. My best is a [email protected] with a 2.1x 60'... its hard to launch on these skinny tires. Im going about 25-30mph before i go full throttle.
I just ran my 05 tonight (first car I've ever taken on the strip I've only raced bikes) but I ran 13.5 it was horrible lol I embarrassed myself pretty good but it was all fun I have mild cam intake exhaust and tune I feel pretty good about my "car strip" virginity lol

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Actually, the info I have he's in the lower 48..... No doubt a BOT. All he was trying to do was sell "stuff".....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts