Street Racer Kills Innocent Driver - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Street Racer Kills Innocent Driver

Just listening to the local news this morning. A innocent driver in CT was killed when his Toyota was struck by a street racer. The dumb ass racer was driving at 100MPH on a city street. [ it was a ricer racer ]

I know we all like to play with our cars now and then and 99% of us on here know when ,where and how it should be done . But 100 MPH on a city street is a bit too much. Please be careful guys.
Take it from an old school racer. Finding a place to run your car is just not like it used to be. Just way too much traffic in most areas to turn these suckers loose. Again, please be careful when running on the street. The life you save just might belong to someone else.

JOHN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 03:36 PM

Even when I was young, long long long long ago, we all went to a certain spot, away from everything, to race. When did the change happen that turned all these young kids into dee dee dees? Give him ten years for his driving, and 70 years for being stupid.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWET View Post
Just listening to the local news this morning. A innocent driver in CT was killed when his Toyota was struck by a street racer. The dumb ass racer was driving at 100MPH on a city street. [ it was a ricer racer ]

I know we all like to play with our cars now and then and 99% of us on here know when ,where and how it should be done . But 100 MPH on a city street is a bit too much. Please be careful guys.
Take it from an old school racer. Finding a place to run your car is just not like it used to be. Just way too much traffic in most areas to turn these suckers loose. Again, please be careful when running on the street. The life you save just might belong to someone else.

JOHN
Exactly, even when I was young and dumb I still never fooled around in city streets it was on the back roads.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 06:09 PM

personally I like divided cement highways at 2-3 in the morning
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 06:22 PM

I know running at high speeds on any public street is dangerous and i am guilty of doing it but never in the city! I have certain rural/county stretches that i will drop the hammer on where i am able to see probably at least a half a mile of what is in front of me. I dont streetrace. Too risky. The track is a little over a hour away, if you want to race me i will meet you there.

05 GTO A4- Svede otrcai, Fast 102, Livernois stg 2 ported heads, Texas Speed 224R cam, Pacesetter LT's, Edge 3000 stall, Kooks afterburners, Pedders 0 drp rear springs and shocks, MT et streets, 418rwhp/391rwtq, [email protected]
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWET View Post

JOHN
Best post ever!!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
IMO, if you're street racing, you could become "the dumb ass racer". Certainly, there are locations in which you're less likely to encounter the innocent motorist or pedestrian but there's no assurance you're not going to run up on an entirely unexpected situation on any public roadway. I'm not trying to be a self-righteous ****, just saying....
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 12:08 PM

I have a spot that I like to play on/by. Its a 2 or 3 mile stretch of straight road through a swamp. It's a low-traffic county road with zero access in the swamp (meaning no driveways or parking lots). Unfortunately, the road surface isn't in the best of shape, so 120 is usually my limit on it.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Some may hate me for saying this... BUT... if you look at some of the other racing/kill posts posted in this forum I guess we can say that we have a lot of dumbasses here too. Plenty of guys post their "stop light to stop light" races and from what I know, stop lights are in the city...right? Most of these races exceed the posted speed limit. Here in Cali, excessive speeding is considered any speed above the posted speed limit. No rule is written that says you are allowed to do 5, 10 or even 15 mph over the limit. That is a judgement call on the officer who may or may not pull you over. He determines if your speed and the conditions you were speeding in are safe or not. People I know have gotten speeding tickets for doing less than 5 mph over. Now the reason I'm not pointing fingers at any particular person and saying he/she is a dumbass for speeding within city limits is because I've done it myself and can't say for sure that I won't do it again. Have or will I go 100 mph? Hell to da no!! But I'm sure I'll break the law to some capacity within the city if I decide to play around a bit. Hopefully at that time, I'll be able to curb my ego and not let it get out of hand. So far, so good! I guess having a sportscar makes it hard not to clown around from time to time which I think isn't the hard part. Knowing when not too is though.

Be safe all!

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 04:10 PM

I keep my racing to the freeways.

And if it's at intersection of an expressway I'll just open it up just to spin the tires in 1st - 2nd gears. It's more of a "I have alot of HP/TQ" chest beating as oppose to a race.

If there are pedestrians or cyclist then there is no cuckoo driving...

My Youtube Channel
Supercharged (Roots) 6.0 GTO
Supercharged (Twin Screw) 3.0 NSX
Supercharged (Centrifugal) 4.3 S-10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in