Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well overall it was a ok night. Not great but i kinda expected it to go this way. I went last night to mostly have fun and to test out my 60whp dry shot. I ran seven runs. More than i usually run and i didnt let it cool off too much between runs only the amount of time i had to wait before my next run. My intake temperature was blazing hot around 140 degrees before my run and 110 or so degrees after i got down the track. My first 4 runs were n/a and my best run out of them was
R/t .147
60' 2.092
1/8 8.730
mph 83.53
1/4 13.474
mph 103.83

My first nitrous run i had it setup to spray in 1st 2nd and 3rd. My first run when the nitrous hit in first gear it smoked the tires very badly and i had to let off and back on so that run ended up a [email protected] 109.87. I set it to spray in only 2nd and 3rd gear and my next run was a little better a [email protected] and on that run i felt the car cut back a little on the big end of the track. I went back to the staging lanes and bumped my bottle heater up a little and waited for my last run and this one was my best but could have been better because my 60' was a little slower than before.
Last run best on 60 shot
R/t .165
60' 2.107
1/8 8.443
mph 88.46
1/4 12.837
mph 112.86

I know its capable of at least .2 better than im getting(with me driving) because of the heat so im not too disappointed. The 60 shot brought me down a little over 6 tenths and 9 mph over my best n/a run for the night. And also this is a after the maf setup with the harris speedworks interface so the nitrous does not cool the intake temps down so thats a bummer. I had a lot of fun!

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Considering the intake temps and the no cool downs, those are very decent runs. Sounds like you were very consistant in your tsting methods so you can definately expect a .6-.7 bump in performance and a huge mph difference with the Nitrous.

I guess that's why they call it laughing has, it makes you laugh with how much fun it is. :cheers:rofl:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Considering the intake temps and the no cool downs, those are very decent runs. Sounds like you were very consistant in your tsting methods so you can definately expect a .6-.7 bump in performance and a huge mph difference with the Nitrous.

I guess that's why they call it laughing has, it makes you laugh with how much fun it is. :cheers:rofl:
yea i wanted to get my best possible n/a run with the conditions the way they were before i tried the nitrous. I really wanted to make a few more passes with the nitrous because i felt it had a bit more in it but it was getting late and i had an hour drive back home. But loads of fun it was!! Its Just something about when that nitrous boost kicks in. It feels very nice even being only a 60 shot.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are great times! What gear are you in going through the finish line?
Thanks Rukee! Its an A4 and its in the middle of 3rd when i cross the finish line.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah a 125 hit would be awesome!! I have everything needed to add another stage. But im running a dry setup right now and my injectors are almost maxed with the 60 shot. So before i can spray a bigger shot i will have to upgrade my fuel system. I think im going to go with a set of drag radials and maybe set a delay if needed so i can spray it in first gear and just see how far i can get with the 60 shot. I tried spraying it in first gear last night and it didnt work too well. As soon as the nitrous hit 3000rpm after i launched I did a fabulous rolling burnout!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The DRs should cut another 3 or 4 tenths of your time. Set the delay up to come in at 3500 and cut out at 6 grand and that should cut another 10th or so. Nice runs.
Thanks!! Im going to definately look into a set of drag radials after i come back from vacation. I need another 18" wheel. I already have one extra that i replaced because of a little road rash that i planned on refurbishing for a future replacement.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Drag radials and a good stall converter, Plus a real tune and you could run those times without nitrous.
Or I can just strap a supercharger on it and i can run faster than those times without nitrous:cool. I am aware that there are other ways of getting down the track faster. Im looking to get the power without sacrificing drivability. The car is capable of running close to the times i ran with nitrous without the nitrous if my dashawk is relativaly correct LOL. I hit 12.8's at 110mph on FLAT road when my engine is cool. I drove over an hour to get to the track. I didnt let it cool down before i started making passes. The power difference between a cool ls2 and a heatsoaked ls2 is almost unbelievable.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Or I can just strap a supercharger on it and i can run faster than those times without nitrous:cool. I am aware that there are other ways of getting down the track faster. Im looking to get the power without sacrificing drivability. The car is capable of running close to the times i ran with nitrous without the nitrous if my dashawk is relativaly correct LOL. I hit 12.8's at 110mph on FLAT road when my engine is cool. I drove over an hour to get to the track. I didnt let it cool down before i started making passes. The power difference between a cool ls2 and a heatsoaked ls2 is almost unbelievable.
I can tell you from runningnhere in Florida that I lost 3 to 4 tenths with a good cool down just because it was 85 or more degrees out. I could easily see a heat soaked car run a half second slow.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I see you already have Nitto 555's, Must not be the dr's? I have a converter in mine, No issues with drivability on the streets around here, Don't even know its in the car til you stand on it, And still get decent gas mileage, And its a hour drive to the track, All I'm saying is with just a converter and a good tuner you could exceed those times easily without nitrous, Its all in the first 60'.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see you already have Nitto 555's, Must not be the dr's? I have a converter in mine, No issues with drivability on the streets around here, Don't even know its in the car til you stand on it, And still get decent gas mileage, And its a hour drive to the track, All I'm saying is with just a converter and a good tuner you could exceed those times easily without nitrous, Its all in the first 60'.
Yep a set of DR's and maybe a tune to help cope with the heat or just a good cool down will result in a big improvement. Next time i go im going to let it cool down for about a good hour or more before i make any passes. I bet i will run at least a 13.2 maybe better and a 12.6 on the spray. And whenever i get the DR's and maybe spray it some in first gear who knows what i will run then maybe a low 12? Im not really interested in messing with the converter unless i get a cam. And you are right about it being all in the first 60'. I saw a 05 GTO at the super chevy show at vmp hit a [email protected] 113mph.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think my 7.64 e.t. in the 1/8 mi. might convert pretty close to a 11.9's in the 1/4 mi. I am changing to a larger 3800 stall converter, The current setup has been in the car since 600 miles on the odometer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts