Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying find out the difference between slip yokes. Apparently the slip yoke for a two speed TH300 is half inch shorter than the slip yoke for 4 speed manual. Is that correct?
Thanks!
.....Mark

1966 GTO Convertible Automatic

·
Registered
635 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I did this on my '66 and do not recall changing the yoke.
This was many years ago, so I looked through my files and found nothing in as far as invoice for such.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I did this on my '66 and do not recall changing the yoke.
This was many years ago, so I looked through my files and found nothing in as far as invoice for such.
I don't think there is a difference either. Now the driveshaft length may be different as an automatic is usually longer than the 4-speed - but I can't swear to it.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I don't think there is a difference either. Now the driveshaft length may be different as an automatic is usually longer than the 4-speed - but I can't swear to it.

-No difference in driveshaft yoke part number between '64-68 Super Turbine 300 transmission and the same original usage yoke used on the small output shaft Muncie 4 speed. same part number yoke was used on the base Tempest 3 on the tree 3spd transmission.

-Stock driveshaft in '64-67 Pontiac 2 door Abody with either ST300 or small output shaft Muncie 4 spd, or base 3spd in the 326 Tempest, will be 60.00" measured center to center on the 3R ujoints.

-'67 T400 used in the GTO, used a 5/8" shorter driveshaft, 59.375", center to center.

- '66-69 Pontiacs with the HD "top loader style" 3spd used their own yoke and their own length driveshaft. I currently do not have one of these in the driveshaft barrels to measure. Hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts