Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... this is my first post and I have a concern with a 67 gto I am looking at purchasing. The Vin # 242177kxxxxx says it assembly in Kansas but the Data Plate 67 - 24217 PON22486 says Pontiac. does this this make sense?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Hi all... this is my first post and I have a concern with a 67 gto I am looking at purchasing. The Vin # 242177kxxxxx says it assembly in Kansas but the Data Plate 67 - 24217 PON22486 says Pontiac. does this this make sense?

Might be worth providing the VIN number to Pontiac Historical Society, which can give you the options the car was born with and other information as to the plant at which the car was constructed. I would be suspicious if the data plate information conflicts with the VIN number information. Is there any indication that either or both of the VIN and data plates has been taken out and reinstalled? If so, I might walk away from this car. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a pic of the Data Plate does not look to have been removed..... the Vin # was sent to me in an email.... the car is in another state. I will have them take a pic of it.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
If you are willing to pay for it, as ppurfield101 said, PHS would be a good way to go. They will fax you the info in a matter of hours on most weekdays if you get the fax in early. Just indicate that you are thinking of purchasing this car.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Factory used rosette rivets so it may have been re-tagged, be careful...if so it could open up a can of worms trying to register it in another state, have heard horror stories.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts