Goat club - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Goat club

Hey what's up bros? I am in Kansas City, Kansas. Don't see too many GTOs around my area. Maybe four others at the most! Seen a few in Missouri. I was wanting to know if there are any formal clubs that I would be able to get involved with? If not, I would like to get one started!!! If anyone is interested or has any information shoot me a reply back or write me an e-mail. Talk to yall lata. Peace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 04:57 PM

Hey whats up? I live a little west of you, over here in the little apple, Manhattan, KS. I dont know of any goat clubs here in KS. Actually there are very few goats even in KS. I think there is a total of two in the entire town of Manhattan. What year is your goat?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

KS Goats

I have an 06 m6 spice red 17". I have driven through there a few times going out 70 west to concordia. I know of two 04s, yellow and black, a cyclone-grey 05 (possibly 06...had the 06 tails), and a torrid 05 here in KC. As far as I know, I am the only 06 in town. There are a few of our c6 Vette cousins 'round KC but not many. A buddy of mine has a 99 SS fbody and is in the KCK Camaro club. I just show up there and hang out with them. Still I feel a little out of place...lol. We need to get something started so we can get our rare machines out and about together. Nothing looks bad ass like a group of late model ass kickers going down the highway in a tight group!!! Shoot me a message back. Lata bro.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 01:54 PM

GotYurGoat, well it looks like were the only two people in the state who own goats and live in KS thats on this forum, well actually i take that back, i was talking with another guy in Lyndon, KS on here the other day. He lives south of Topeka about 30 miles. If i remember right, he owns an 05, could be an 06 though. Next time you swing thru Manhattan, send me a message. But we do need to get some group (goat club) put together.
Im up in KC about once every other month or two, but Topeka might work the best for meeting.
On a different note, have you had any problems with your 06 goat? Mine was born in March 06, and i have had some problems, Week after i bought (almost a month ago from today) i had a front stabilizer link go out, now i have to get my struts replaced, and only 1,000 miles on it, gay!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Problems...

Well...Read a post on here a couple months ago about the strut rub on the front. I did my first tire rotation at around 3,000 i think it was, and had the same problem everyone else is having. I had rub marks on the struts. Not big ones but where it had rubbed it was showing polished metal!! I even printed off the post and took it to my dealership and showed them what happened to one of our bros here on the forum. They didn't say anything about it. I had them correct the alignment problem but they further f'ed it up. They set the camber to MAX POSITIVE!!! of all things, and expected me to drive it like that. I could see where they test drove it and there was a little over one inch of new wear on the outside shoulder of the damn tire!!! I said set it back to where it is supposed to be...they said most of the goats probably came from the factory set a little out of whack...who knows. So I had them set it back or to wear it should be pointing and it does better. Just go in there and tell them that you want it set as if you were coming in to get a regular alignment. That did the trick for me...it may rub a little but I usually check it every so often. I just consider it nature of the beast for having bigger meats on it in the front than it should. They claim our 17" wheels are supposed to be 8" wide but I had a buddy of mine that does tires and balancing etc...do a flat repair and he measured right at 9" rim lip to rim lip and the BFGs they have on there are pushing 9 3/4" to 10 sidewall to sidewall. If it means I have to buy new tires earlier than I should, oh well. Won't stop me from driving it, ya know!? LOL. Mine was born Oct. of 05 which would make it one of thoselate 05 going on 06 model year deals...i bought it this last feb. with 3 miles on it, i now have just over 9200. it's my daily driver. other than that, no problems whatsoever, I am undefeated on the street. Can't complain there. Had some close ones tho. Well gotta run. Talk at ya lata. Peace.

Last edited by GotYurGoat; 08-15-2006 at 12:33 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWeber View Post
GotYurGoat, well it looks like were the only two people in the state who own goats and live in KS thats on this forum, well actually i take that back, i was talking with another guy in Lyndon, KS on here the other day. He lives south of Topeka about 30 miles. If i remember right, he owns an 05, could be an 06 though. Next time you swing thru Manhattan, send me a message. But we do need to get some group (goat club) put together.
Im up in KC about once every other month or two, but Topeka might work the best for meeting.
On a different note, have you had any problems with your 06 goat? Mine was born in March 06, and i have had some problems, Week after i bought (almost a month ago from today) i had a front stabilizer link go out, now i have to get my struts replaced, and only 1,000 miles on it, gay!
Yeh, I'm here too! There is another yellow GTO similar to mine in Overbrook, KS. Yellow Jacket GTO, 2005.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 06:02 PM

My wife and I go to KC MO. once in a while, we stay at this bed and breakfast...We live in St. Louis but are willing to drive...I haven't got this baby on a long stretch of highway yet!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 08:51 PM
431.0 rwhp, 391.9 rwtq

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotYurGoat View Post
Hey what's up bros? I am in Kansas City, Kansas. Don't see too many GTOs around my area. Maybe four others at the most! Seen a few in Missouri. I was wanting to know if there are any formal clubs that I would be able to get involved with? If not, I would like to get one started!!! If anyone is interested or has any information shoot me a reply back or write me an e-mail. Talk to yall lata. Peace.
The best thing to do to find Goats in your area and organize local events is to put up a web site....that's what we did in Ohio this October with BuckeyeGoats. Build it and they will come.

PBM A4,AFR 205s 62cc,FTI cam (224/228 .600/.600 114),Fast intake & rails/NW TB, svede OTRCAI,Kooks w/cats,Borla,Meziere,Pedders Justice & Strip II,Rossler Terminator II,Vig 3200 3D,Derale Cooler,3.73

11.4969 @ 122.56
454.48 rwhp 403.08 rwtq
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 04:18 PM

I know this is an OLD post, but did anything ever come of this "Kansas GTO Club"? I have just moved to Wichita and purchased an 06' a few weeks ago...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Mountain - Prairie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in