User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone get "tuned" in Dallas yet?

Dallas peeps:
I had asked about tuning in a thread a few weeks ago and I think Pheonix recommended Keith Craft in Plano. Has anyone been custom tuned in Dallas and what were your dyno results? I'm about ready to do this (600 miles on the car) and was hoping someone else has been a "guinea pig" already . Maybe if a few of us start going to the same shop they will give a discount or at the very least we will have a good repoire and develop a trust level with the quality of the tune we get done. I looked up dynos in our area and saw one real close to me, LG Motorsports, in Wylie. Any feedback on them? From their website, they charge $499 and it looks like they cater to 'vettes using LS1 edit which should be OK for our cars from what I've read. Still haven't ruled out using a Superchips or Predator handheld since I'm staying stock and like the ability to go back to the stock tune for any warranty work. Either way, I would really like to squeeze the max outta my car and change the shift firmness (A4). Any input?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 11:34 PM

Personally I do not like Lou from LG. The couple times I have met him I got the impression he did not have the time of day to help me out. Of coursed this is only MY impression. On the other hand Mark at Keith Craft was very helpful and actually showed me the difference between the F-Body and GTO timetables. He got rid of my skip-shift for $40 (which also gets rid of the light in the dash). They charge $400 for a lifetime tune. This includes the skip-shift. Basically, as it was explained to me, if later on down the road you choose to add a CAI, cam, headers, etc., there is no charge for a re-tune. He also saves your new and factory tune, so that if there is need to take it to a dealership it can be brought back to stock, or if the dealership has to flash it, it can be brought back to custom. As soon as I get $360 more dollars to spend I will get it done. BTW what part of town are you from?

Matt
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Pheonix:
Sorry for taking so long to reply. Thanks for the input! I've been so busy at work I haven't had time to go to any shops and ask about tuning yet but I'll make Keith Craft my first stop when I do. I'm still considering a handheld because of the ease of restoring the stock tune but if KC can restore your stock tune for warranty work then go back to your performance tune after your car comes out of the shop, without charging extra, then that interests me. I'm actually in Murphy, not Plano, but my house butts up to the Plano line so I just tell folks I'm in Plano. Murphy is so tiny nobody knows it's here. I've been meaning to get out to a GTG somewhere in Dallas but have had a lot of visitors lately. Been to any GTGs, how many people there and do many goats show up?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 06:49 PM

Hey guys - I,m Steve Addison the GTO performance coordinator at Alan Young Pontiac and we just finished having a get together out in North Richland Hills. We actually had a suprisingly large turnout and everyone there had a blast. We are gonna do it again next month and would like for you guys and anyone else you know that has a goat to come out. I am actually interested in getting my personal car tuned and have been researching the idea for quit some time. One of the things we offer here at Alan Young are a full line of SLP Performance parts and Prochargers, so as you could imagine I have a laundry list of things done (and in the works) on my car. Almost everyone I have spoke to on this topic has told me about Kieth Craft and a couple have mentioned a man named Chris. I think Chris's last name is either Robinson or Johnson, anyway he is supposed to be the premiere LS1 tuner in the metroplex and he even comes to you to tune! Does anyone have any more info that might help?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Hey Steve:
Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to make it out to NRH for the next get together, it's a bit of a drive but a good excuse to get the GTO out for a nice run . How does your dealership feel about mods, performance tunes and warranties? Seems like you would have to disclaim ahead of time that the parts you sell people to do mods would void their warranties. Kinda like a cardiologist doing a triple bypass on you then giving you a $5000 gift certificate to McDonalds 'cause he knows you'll be back!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 09:26 AM

Most of the things SLP offers will not affect your warranty, however, our dealership tries to take care of our customers. As far as the Procharger, well, most of the people that install a supercharger knows that some of your warranty will go out the window. We are trying to get a concrete warranty plan down but for right now we are taking it one person at a time. I have 90% of SLP's parts on my car and so far I have not had one single problem! With the way it is right now if GM doesn't warranty it then SLP's warranty on the parts will pick it up (less labor). Again, we are still working on this but we WILL TAKE CARE OF OUR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 06:55 PM

Chris Robinson does the tunes for RPM...

Sean Freese is a badass tuner @ FASTech

those are probably the two best tuners in DFW
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 09:41 AM

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Southwest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in