Central Texas LS-2 Dyno tuning GP.. - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 04:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Central Texas LS-2 Dyno tuning GP..

I need a minimum of 5 GTOs to go in on this to get the GP going.

I have a GP for dyno tuning set up with CCS tuning in Pflugerville, TX. www.ccstuning.com (Just north of Austin). This is open to STOCK '05 GTOs (Light mods OK. CAI, LTs, gears) $300 for a full dyno tune with A/F, Timing, Fan adjust, Torque Managment removal ETC.. Jim (The owner of CCS) has done tuning work for me in the past and I have been thrilled with his work.

Jim wants to perform the work on weekends beginning in late Sept.

If interested please post here or PM me..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 08:32 AM

May be interested

Hey there! I am up in Leander and might be interested in this.

Only issue is, just got the goat and it is no where near being broken in . How bad would this mess with the tune?

Thanks
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

It would not mess with the tune. But I would wait until it had about 1500 miles just for peace of mind.

Last edited by eldodroptop; 08-30-2005 at 09:28 PM.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 11:11 PM

Heh, I just broke 2000 miles on mine. I'm interested - $300 for a full dyno tune sounds like a very sweet deal. I can't believe that shop has been "sitting under my nose" in Puh-flugerville. I could throw a rock and hit the shop from where I work.

I just wish I had a bit more time. I want to install "light" mods (LT's, CAI and a catback), and all that isn't in the budget just yet. I'd need an idea of what Jim would charge to re-tune after adding a mod. If it's expensive, then it would make more sense for me to wait until I get everything installed.

I'll probably drop by the shop tomorrow to check it out... can't wait to meet "the Man"
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 11:18 PM

BTW, I can't wait to get rid of that DAMN SKIP SHIFT, and lean the engine out a bit. With the price of gasoline going friggin crazy, I've been driving in "granny-mode" for the daily commute, just to squeeze out a few more MPG's
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaXMaN
Heh, I just broke 2000 miles on mine. I'm interested - $300 for a full dyno tune sounds like a very sweet deal. I can't believe that shop has been "sitting under my nose" in Puh-flugerville. I could throw a rock and hit the shop from where I work.

I just wish I had a bit more time. I want to install "light" mods (LT's, CAI and a catback), and all that isn't in the budget just yet. I'd need an idea of what Jim would charge to re-tune after adding a mod. If it's expensive, then it would make more sense for me to wait until I get everything installed.

I'll probably drop by the shop tomorrow to check it out... can't wait to meet "the Man"
You gonna go see Jim? Tell him Buddy sent you and that I should be calling him in a couple of days. I almost have the 5 GTOs rounded up. You might want to bring a spare set of ears... He is apt to talk 'em off if he is not busy...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

BTW... You ever do any drag racing? I have a group that goes to SAR about once a month.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldodroptop
It would not mess with the tune. But I would wait until it had about 1500 miles just for peace of mind.
Figured as much. Will probably wait until around 3k before a tune (then again may have some mods before then too).
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldodroptop
You gonna go see Jim? Tell him Buddy sent you and that I should be calling him in a couple of days. I almost have the 5 GTOs rounded up. You might want to bring a spare set of ears... He is apt to talk 'em off if he is not busy...
HAHA It might be the other way around! Don't get me started talkin about cars, especially my car I don't have a fraction of the technical experience Jim has, but I definitely enjoy talking and learning about tuning. I'll tell him ya sent me

I haven't done any "formal" racing other than SCCA autocross several years ago, so I'd be a total newb at the track. I've seen what some of those morons have done their first time out on videos.streetfire.net - I don't want to be one of "those guys" HEHE

If you guys are heading out to a test & tune night this month, I'd sure like to know

Last edited by YaXMaN; 08-31-2005 at 12:43 AM. Reason: .net, not .com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Southwest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in