Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've lurked the LSx car forums for some time now, but now I have a reason to. This past weekend I bought an '05 GTO A4 with 43k on the clock. Just had a few questions on the common problems these cars have. Let's start...

The rear end. Is it problematic for a daily driven car at stock or mild bolt on power levels? I don't "romp on it" much except for the occasional blurp to get up to speed a little quicker, never push the tach over 3500 much. No burnouts, donuts or any other silly shenanigans. Just a nice DD car with a little pep. Is the rear end going to hold up as long as it is serviced as the manual states?

The trans. I'm coming from the FSC/GMFS world here, I know all about how the 4L60E/4L65E/4L70E likes to take a dump. But how do they hold up in these cars stock/mild bolt ons?

I've heard struts and bushings can be a bit of pain.

The paint is a little chipped/peeling from the handles, but not very concerned with it at this time.

Any other common issues? Especially drivetrain ones?

·
Registered
86 Posts
:cheersjust a few gripes from my 05 A4

the center console lid has a broken screw, I guess from leaning on it to much.

the leather wrapping came off the shifter knob, I guess from holding on to it while driving hard.

BOTH light covers on the doors have disappeared, I guess from shutting the doors to hard.

the stitching on the top should area of the seat has started to separate, I assume be cause this is where my elbow naturally lands getting out of the car.

The stitching separates across the top of the back seats .. from sun?

Wheel HOP!

That is about all my gripes .. love my car though

1 - 2 of 2 Posts