Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited my fathers 67 Gto. It was barn (Indiana) kept for about 3 years after his death and has been in my garage (Maryland) for about a year now. I have found some issues due to the time in the barn, specifically chewed up wires. I have been able to replace all but the power (red) to the started. Looking for a way to get a wrench / socket to the starter to take off the power wire so I can replace it. Can ALMOST turns over, but there is smoke/ spark from where the wire is chewed. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I inherited my fathers 67 Gto. It was barn (Indiana) kept for about 3 years after his death and has been in my garage (Maryland) for about a year now. I have found some issues due to the time in the barn, specifically chewed up wires. I have been able to replace all but the power (red) to the started. Looking for a way to get a wrench / socket to the starter to take off the power wire so I can replace it. Can ALMOST turns over, but there is smoke/ spark from where the wire is chewed. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
Maybe an extension with swivel socket or swivel joint. May have to simply drop the starter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was afraid I would have to do something much worse than drop the starter. It looks like just a few bolts, but I will have to wait till another day

1 - 3 of 3 Posts