Advice needed in West Coast Speed issues. - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Advice needed in West Coast Speed issues.

Hello everyone,

Just to give a little background. I ordered a Svede intake from west coast speeds on 4/18/15. After several weeks with no confirmation of shipment I decided to email them for an oder update, I sent several with no response. I also called and left several voicemails with no response. I then did my research and found out how poorly run customer service is at WCS and that they typically take a while to send products.

Everyday this past week I have called WCS multiple times, now I no longer get several rings and then voicemail. All I get is a busy/disconnected signal.
I am very worried this means they might have just closed up shop and I am out my money?

So long story short, does anyone know if WCS is still in business. Should I attempt to dispute the CC charges or keep my fingers crossed and hope the intake appears at m door sometime?

I was hoping to have this intake for a car show in July, now Im wondering if I need to just go with Duspeed?

Thanks for the help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekergto View Post
I ordered a Svede intake from west coast speeds on 4/18/15.
You should have joined this site sooner. Much has been said about how WCS has screwed up as far as that intake goes. Do a search. The Xair seem to be the consensus intake since getting a Svede is pretty much impossible these days. I recall reading that Svede even considered restarting making them again himself but because there are good, affordable products like the Xair now on the market it wouldn't be worth his effort.

2005 Pontaic GTO - CGM 6 Speed (My car)
2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT (My daily driver)
2010 Mercedes Benz C300 Sedan (Wife's car)
2014 Kia Rio LX (Wife's daily driver)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I too have been trying to get a hold of West Coast Speed to buy some products, and have had no luck. Only get a busy signal on the phone number, and all emails have gone un-responded. Fortunately I have not sent them any money.

I was looking to purchase their "Fast Acting IAT Sensor". I will be making another post asking for forum member help for this part. If West Coast Speed doesnt want my money, maybe a forum member will

BTW, I have also had the same problem with Third Shift Studios. Was also looking to purchase some custom fender emblems. What is with these companies? There either in business or there not. If there not, pull down the damn website and stop taking peoples money!

meekergto: I would definately call your credit card company and dispute the charges. Most cards offer fraud protection (not Frog protection, lol).

Mark - Plainfield, IL http://markquitterracing.com

2004 GTO A4 - LS1
Competition Cam
JBA LTH
K&N CAI
Yank 3600 Stall Speed
Flow Master exhaust
Dyno Tuned
Whiteline Suspension upgrades
B&G Lowering springs

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 01:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just last week sent 2 emails and called twice and no luck. Ive also been tryning to get a cold air and other parts as well. Good thing i joined the forum before purchasing the items....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 02:37 AM
Former Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekergto View Post
Hello everyone,

Just to give a little background. I ordered a Svede intake from west coast speeds on 4/18/15. After several weeks with no confirmation of shipment I decided to email them for an oder update, I sent several with no response. I also called and left several voicemails with no response. I then did my research and found out how poorly run customer service is at WCS and that they typically take a while to send products.

Everyday this past week I have called WCS multiple times, now I no longer get several rings and then voicemail. All I get is a busy/disconnected signal.
I am very worried this means they might have just closed up shop and I am out my money?

So long story short, does anyone know if WCS is still in business. Should I attempt to dispute the CC charges or keep my fingers crossed and hope the intake appears at m door sometime?

I was hoping to have this intake for a car show in July, now Im wondering if I need to just go with Duspeed?

Thanks for the help!!
Call your credit card company now, if it AMEX you may have a chance but with others you may be past the window for a chargeback.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
The OP hasn't been back in over a month.

2005 Pontaic GTO - CGM 6 Speed (My car)
2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT (My daily driver)
2010 Mercedes Benz C300 Sedan (Wife's car)
2014 Kia Rio LX (Wife's daily driver)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Intake and Exhaust Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in