AuSpeed Intake - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AuSpeed Intake

This is a takeoff(copy) of the SvedeSpeed Intake, which was designed using Svede's blueprint and perfected with Svede's help. The maker had permission to create a handful of them and I got one of them. Just like the WestCoastSpeed Svede it is fiberglass and is similar in almost every way, shape, and form. The WCS one has a nicer finish and the bumper for the shroud, that's it. This one is CF wrapped, which is hit or miss but provides additional heat insulation. When combined with the heat insulating red painted shroud it will keep hot engine air from easily seeping into the air flow. The internals are the same and it functions flawlessly. Took a few WOT runs to 100 and the intake top stayed cool to the touch while the engine, TB, and MAF where of course smoking hot in 90* weather. I couldn't be happier since I didn't have to wait 8-24 weeks like some guys do for a Svede. Excuse the flaws in the picture as I had removed the filter to avoid damaging it during install and it wasn't sitting flush in the picture. The shroud is also rough as it needs a wet sand and 2nd coat. All that being said, I love it. Looks great, lowers IAT's, and sucks in cold air.

[IMG][/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 03:29 PM

Enjoy the otrcai. I love mine.

Sorry for the criticism, but you need to pick up a spare radiator cover and try again.

Current: MGW-p, H-pipe, SS OTRCAI, Lovell rear springs, Eliminator shocks and Pioneer AVH-P3300BT, JBA LTs+catless mids, Drilled/Slotted rotors, Kooks Afterburners, catch can & Tune Next: ??? Wish list: Intake & TB, modest cam, UDP, gears
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Tell me bout it. Lol. Yea I know it's rough. I'm leaving it be for the heat insulation and searching for a new shroud.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
What seals the area at the top between the OTRCAI and the shroud?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

No seals. The red paint dissipates heat and insulates to 500*. The only intake with a complete seal is the DuSpeed but that's $600. I could epoxy or JB weld it together but I'm not in love with the idea of one big piece.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

For those on the fence, I just drove from Atl to Charlotte and picked up 3 MPG on my drive using a malfunctioning MAF because I broke 2 transistors in it. Got 25MPG on the trip averaging 75-80mph. I'll be swapping in a working MAF before driving back home, I'll update with the results. I'm thinking 27-28MPG on the way home with the working MAF.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 11:11 AM

That's about right. I was averaging that on my trip from KC to Austin, TX. That was before LTs, though.

Current: MGW-p, H-pipe, SS OTRCAI, Lovell rear springs, Eliminator shocks and Pioneer AVH-P3300BT, JBA LTs+catless mids, Drilled/Slotted rotors, Kooks Afterburners, catch can & Tune Next: ??? Wish list: Intake & TB, modest cam, UDP, gears
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Did 24.5MPG going 78-82mph on the way back. Unfortunately, the new MAF has a bad transistor and I'm still running rich in one bank(at least). Go figure. I plan on getting an SD tune asap so I doubt I'll swap another MAF unless I get it dirt cheap.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 01:33 PM

Auspeed

just got mine installed. Ordered June 1 and installed tuned on June 8. Unfortunately I had moved since my original dyno so not sure but went from 392 on a dyno jet to 383 on a Mustang so by all accounts that would be well over 400 on a dyno jet.

Either way car pulls much harder. Noticeable SOTP difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Auspeed.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	22529  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

That looks good. Red on red works well. Glad you like it and you're probably above 400whp now since you were on a mustang dyno.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Intake and Exhaust Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in