Finally JBA LT Headers 6809S Catless Mids Installed - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Finally JBA LT Headers 6809S Catless Mids Installed

Took took six months to get to it (bought in March) and about 8 hours total to get them on. With lots of help.

The header install was typical as all others. That being that there is always something that will bites you in the ass. In this case it was getting the steering knuckle back on. But yes it did go back and the wheels and steering wheel look to be spot on. I'll will be taking the car to get the tires rotated and aligned to make sure.

I'll be getting getting the cat back and H-pipe on and making sure the system doesn't leak at a local exhaust shop this Thursday. But open headers sounds pretty damn mean. Loud, but mean.

One thing about these JBAs that #2 header is still tight for the wire even it being the v2 header and with the Massive wires used. The wire was bent a bit and they clear. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

I painted the headers myself with Techline's Colorguard. I'll update my other thread on that after a couple hundred miles of driving.

Pics as follows:

Passenger side headers without wires.

Passenger side with wires.

Passenger side different angle.

Driver's side with wires.

Another driver's side.

Current: MGW-p, H-pipe, SS OTRCAI, Lovell rear springs, Eliminator shocks and Pioneer AVH-P3300BT, JBA LTs+catless mids, Drilled/Slotted rotors, Kooks Afterburners, catch can & Tune Next: ??? Wish list: Intake & TB, modest cam, UDP, gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 11:16 PM

Those JBA LT's look awesome, I went Pacesetter, due to early availability issues with JBA, but the Mid pipe connection on JBA look far better than pacesetter slip fit. Those wires do look really close though, you could try DEI ceramic sleeves and MSD coil brackets and angle your coils when mounted on the brackets. I have 10mm Taylor wires with sleeves, angled coils slightly and have a lot of space with Pacesetters. How did the mid pipes fit to headers? They do look sweet.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Mid pipes were cake. Easy to attach with the V-band clamp. I'll take pics of the underside when it's up in the air. Pics make them seem tighter than they are.

Current: MGW-p, H-pipe, SS OTRCAI, Lovell rear springs, Eliminator shocks and Pioneer AVH-P3300BT, JBA LTs+catless mids, Drilled/Slotted rotors, Kooks Afterburners, catch can & Tune Next: ??? Wish list: Intake & TB, modest cam, UDP, gears

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
I wished that you had had them coated instead. Coating is a performance mod not an appearance one.

2004 Blk/Rd M6
6.3 litre LS1

Built and tuned by svede
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

I didn't use a rattle can paint. I applied Tech Line Coatings Colorguard, advertised as a thermal barrier coating, via an airbrush externally and as best as I could internally. How effective it will be? We'll see. I was going to go just uncoated headers until I saw someone mention this product, so I decided to give it a shot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Intake and Exhaust Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in