NOWEEDS Diverters, better than cutouts IMO, pics and video - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
NOWEEDS Diverters, better than cutouts IMO, pics and video

So I've wanted cutouts for a while and was about to buy some DMH cutouts, but thankfully after a little research it seems DMH has fallen of the face of the planet, so I looked at my other options. I wanted quality, something that will last and have good customer service and was willing to pay more for that. So I found noweeds diverters (which are popular with the new camaros), and they actually close off the rest the exhaust and open up a 3" dump. It's possible through the dual butterfly valves inside the diverters.

Anyways here are pics of the install and a couple videos. Sorry the videos are crappy, I plan on making better ones. According to Steve (owner of Noweeds, he's awesome BTW and always responded almost instantly to any question I had) I am the 1st GTO to install these. And yeah they are insanely loud, the videos don't do them justice.

The diverters still wrapped, they feel very solid and heavy duty.

On the lift getting installed

My exhaust before the installation

Installed, removed the cats and put the diverters in place. The exhaust guy even said these are the nicest diverter / cutout he has seen.

These are the controls. (EDIT, earlier I posted the wrong way of using them).. Left button closes them, right button is to open and can be set for variable positions of how open the dump is. Even 50% open sounds insane... The middle button can be programmed for the diverter to open to a % of your choice.

I took this video right after the shop finished wiring them and one of the guys is showing me for the first time, please don't make too much of me about the commentary lol.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUNkcQK4nFU
And here is one more in my garage. I plan on taking better videos when I get time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjch-beA42E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 08:35 PM

Nice! You should tell NOWEEDS to sponsor up or contact the current sponsors to sell for him.

Current: MGW-p, H-pipe, SS OTRCAI, Lovell rear springs, Eliminator shocks and Pioneer AVH-P3300BT, JBA LTs+catless mids, Drilled/Slotted rotors, Kooks Afterburners, catch can & Tune Next: ??? Wish list: Intake & TB, modest cam, UDP, gears
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinc View Post
Nice! You should tell NOWEEDS to sponsor up or contact the current sponsors to sell for him.
Thanks! lol at same exact reply from my same thread on the other forum. Anyways yeah that would be cool, and who knows maybe if Noweeds sees enough interested they might look into some kind of sponsering. Regardless I have no regrets with these, and I had the best customer service you can ask for.

06 GTO Black/Red M6-Mods: Trickflow 220 Heads, Flowtech Tigershark cam, Ported FAST 92/TB, 42lb injectors, Svede intake, UD pulley, EE catch can, Kooks headers, Noweeds, Borla, GMM,Pedders, Slotted Rotors, LS7 Clutch

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 02:32 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Looks like the straight through ports are Offset and the input and the dump are
in line. This would be a pain to install into a straight pipe section of an exhaust.

Larry

2005 GTO Quick - 1984 Honda V65 Magna Quicker - 2004 Z06 Quickest
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 04:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaGreyGoat View Post
Looks like the straight through ports are Offset and the input and the dump are
in line. This would be a pain to install into a straight pipe section of an exhaust.

Larry
Larry,

They actually make em in different variations and can put the dump the opposite way.

Eric

06 GTO Black/Red M6-Mods: Trickflow 220 Heads, Flowtech Tigershark cam, Ported FAST 92/TB, 42lb injectors, Svede intake, UD pulley, EE catch can, Kooks headers, Noweeds, Borla, GMM,Pedders, Slotted Rotors, LS7 Clutch
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
That's great. Those would be easy to install.
I'm going to look into getting a set.

Larry

2005 GTO Quick - 1984 Honda V65 Magna Quicker - 2004 Z06 Quickest
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 05:59 PM

The local drag strip here doesn't allow cars on the track with electric cut outs like those. Last I knew, NHRA rules state the exhaust has to exit out from underneath the car and away from driver and gas tank. This is class specific obviously. Not saying this is how it is for all tracks, but dumps like those aren't even allowed out there for test and tunes. It's the only reason I didn't get them haha. Anyways, I'm very jealous! They sound great!

06' GTO PBM M6
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
The local drag strip here doesn't allow cars on the track with electric cut outs like those. Last I knew, NHRA rules state the exhaust has to exit out from underneath the car and away from driver and gas tank. This is class specific obviously. Not saying this is how it is for all tracks, but dumps like those aren't even allowed out there for test and tunes. It's the only reason I didn't get them haha. Anyways, I'm very jealous! They sound great!
Damn I never thought about that rule for tracks, that sucks. When I make it back to the mainland in a couple years ill cross my fingers the local tracks will allow it(no track at all here on Oahu), regardless it's fun just for street use/ car shows. Thanks for the compliment : ) .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Intake and Exhaust Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in