I Believe I need To Upgrade My Suspension... Any Opinions From The GTO Gurus? Thanks! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I Believe I need To Upgrade My Suspension... Any Opinions From The GTO Gurus? Thanks!

So here is my issue... While having a passenger in the backseat of my car and flooring (driving aggressively), my rear tire will rub on the fender. I would assume this is due to the "flawed" stock GTO Suspension? I guess that would be my first question.

My second question is what would be the best back for the buck suspension I should get that would eliminate the issue? Also has anyone installed the CXRacing Coilover Suspension Kit 32 Damper? Would this be a viable option?

I am in no way a professional on this topic and know there are some very educated and knowledgeable individuals on this site so any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 09:34 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Your issue isn't the suspension per se. A suspension should be able to compress to the bump stops without rubbing if there's nothing wrong with it and the car has the proper sized wheels and proper wheel size and offset.

What wheels and tire size are you running?

2004 Blk/Rd M6
6.3 litre LS1

Built and tuned by svede
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by svede1212 View Post
Your issue isn't the suspension per se. A suspension should be able to compress to the bump stops without rubbing if there's nothing wrong with it and the car has the proper sized wheels and proper wheel size and offset.

What wheels and tire size are you running?
18's the tires are 275 35 Nitto 555s (the fenders have been professionally rolled). I had an 06 GTO before this one with the exact same wheel setup and didn't have this problem. That car had pedders springs I believe, also subframe connetors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Drive train, suspension, alignment and brakes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in