suspension kits vs individual buy - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
suspension kits vs individual buy

good day all. I have an 06 m6 with 30k miles and I am in the market for suspension upgrades. finally. it is my daily driver and prob will not take it to track. I want to know if it would be better to buy a suspension kit or piece it all out. I want to eliminate the issues that are inevitably in my future before they happen. if I buy one of the bushing kits and replace them all will I be in good shape as far as avoiding future suspension problems? I would like it to handle better but not back breaking stiff. im not interested in coil overs based solely on their price, but will not rule it out. I am happy to take advice from anyone who has personal experience with any of these less aggressive street suspension packages.

question recap:
1. buy individually or buy suspension kit (ie. pedders street package, ect)
2. will I be able to avoid future suspension problems by installing an extensive bushing kit?
now I realize I could probably spend hours researching these answers, but questions such as these keep the site going, and keep information circulation in the heads of all you smart people. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 10:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Pedders sels kits but is way overpriced. if you don't want anything extreme, are on a budget and the car is mostly street i would say: radius rod and strut mounts with bearings, good set of shocks and struts (or shock inserts) and bumpstops, good set of springs (king, lovells).
This is around 1200 in parts. I don't think that you will feel the difference from swaybars on the street so don't waste your money. Also be careful with subframe bushings because they might transmit noise and then you will need a louder exhaust.
Try kollar racing and autoanything (they always have the 20%off and free shipping)
And the biggest improvement that you can make to a cars handling is from the tires
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 06:07 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Pedders USA is long gone. Call Andy at Kollar Racing and give him your budget and goals. It doesn't sound like you'd need "everything"

2004 Blk/Rd M6
6.3 litre LS1

Built and tuned by svede

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
As Svede advised, call Andy at Kollar. I recently upgraded the suspension on my '05 at 30K miles. I told Andy how I use the car and he advised/sold me the parts. The handling is greatly improved and Andy is a very reliable source.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Drive train, suspension, alignment and brakes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in