Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1970 GTO inner fender F/S

I have two left (drivers) side inner fenders in very nice condition. I would like to trade one left for a right side inner fender in the same condition..

Now for sale $150.00

Thanks
Nelson

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Hmmmmm. have never seen inner fenders like what you have pictured out of a '70 Pontiac A body.
'70-72 Pontiac Abodys are what I own as keeper cars, and have performed quite a few frameofff resto's, As far as the shape, have owned literally hundreds of '68-72 Pontiac A body's, multiple dozens of Cutlases, Skylarks, Malibus, ElCo's, Montes up through 1972 models as partscars and the occasional project car. The two thick ribs, the raised circles, and even the shape of the extension is not '70-72 Pontiac A body. '68-69 Olds Cutlass front inner fenders had a plastic inner fender with a rib, possibly two rubs, have to look, as have some in the racks, but the ribs are not as pronounced as that, and no circles.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe you are looking at the picture wrong. I just put one up in the fender for fitment last night so I know it fits a 70 GTO..

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Have a ton of hands on time with '68 & 69, and '70-72 Pontiac inner fenders: pulling, cleaning, repairing mildly cracked front flanged edges, hauling to RediStrip, metal conditioning, priming, painting.

while the lh inner you have pictured, may partially fit,
-the big telltale is the existence of the large horizontal flanged area on the leading edge, that area would run into the lower upright of a Pontiac A-body core support. '70-72 Pontiac Abody inner fenders don't have that large flat area.
-'70-72 Pontiac Abody inner fenders don't have those big ridges with the jog in one ridge near the hood hinge area.
-Pontiac inners do not have the raised circular areas either.

First I thought you might have some sort of Olds Cutlass inner fender, I looked at several versions I have. Then I looked at a stack of 35mm pics from years past, pics of our spread at several big swappers...fun making the long long trips, but a TON of work. What you have a pic of, is two drivers side '70-72 Skylark/GS inner fenders. It's been a while since I've parted a '70-72 Skylark, but that's what you have. The passenger side inner fender is usually blown out with rust in the large horizontal front area, as the battery tray sets on top of it. In the late 80's, through the 90's, I used to be hot on pulling minimal rust '70 Skylark core supports, typically buying '70-72 Skylark partscars for a couple hundred dollars. Those particular coresupports (70's) were a big money piece, still very valuable to GS restorers. The Skylark/ GS inner fenders, it's just like '69 Bird inner fenders, the battery side version is strongly sought after. Non battery side, not so much, unless one is starting to restore what we often see in my parts, a "field car" that has been heavily stripped. Best to you with the '70 GTO.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok,
I figured out what happened..... Somehow the wrong picture loaded. I have now corrected it.
Sorry about the confusion :laugh2:

Nelson

1 - 8 of 8 Posts