Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be installing a CVR vacuum pump and canister to assist with power brakes and am looking for a switched power source in the engine bay of my 1965 GTO.

I know others have "been there / done that", so I am hoping to get a bit of guidance. I believe the wiper motor is a switched power source, but actually need to go out and play with the test light :).

My thought is to use the switched power to trigger a relay that is getting 12V + from a nice terminal block tucked discretely next to the core support. (This terminal block will feed the lights and horn as well -- per the MAD electrical recommended setup.)

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, the upper wire (black with a yellow stripe) on the wiper motor is in fact switched power for anyone that is curious :).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, the upper wire (black with a yellow stripe) on the wiper motor is in fact switched power for anyone that is curious :).
That would be the one.:smile3:

The power from that also is used for the kickdown switch on the turbo 400 trans as well. IIRC it has a splice and changes to yellow or orange for the t 400

I used it on my electric choke conversion for my quadrajet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts