Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's a mystery to me. I've been enjoying the heck out of my new 65 last week and noticed the turn signal indicator works all the time when I turn left. Not so much when I turn right. When I turn right I hear the clicking in the can and front and rear lights flash but no indicator. It's driving my wife nuts I'm going everywhere using only left turns so any thoughts or suggestions to try would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
So here's a mystery to me. I've been enjoying the heck out of my new 65 last week and noticed the turn signal indicator works all the time when I turn left. Not so much when I turn right. When I turn right I hear the clicking in the can and front and rear lights flash but no indicator. It's driving my wife nuts I'm going everywhere using only left turns so any thoughts or suggestions to try would be appreciated.
Burned out indicator bulb??

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not the bulb because it does blink turning left. Just does not blink turning right. When turning then straightening out it does cancel the signaling in either position. Maybe it's the cam? Not sure what the specific function is for that other than cancelling the signal.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Sorry I'm confused...So the actual turn signals work fine for both sides? But the indicator on the dash does not work when the switch is selected to the right ?

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
It appears there are specific output wires on the switch for left and right turn signal to the indicator light. Given that the indicator works for left, but not right, I'd check the wire going to the indicator light for the right switch.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/MWire5765-344.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same condition come up. After taking the turn signal switch out, I found one of the wires on the flat ribbon harness had gotten pinched and was grounding out. Replaced the turn signal switch being sure to be careful re-installing things and problem went away. Good luck!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Correct thanks PJ and thanks for the tip on ribbon I'll check that after I'm out of hospital!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts