Horn relay wiring 70 gto - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Horn relay wiring 70 gto

I've been struggling to get my horns to work. I was wondering if anyone had a picture of their horn relay set up? My engine/ headlight harness most the ends where cut off so I'm pretty sure I've got the right ones in the right spot. There is one plug with a green and black wire that looks like it can only go in one way, but I'm not sure which wires go to the other terminals.

I've tested the relay and its good, I'm just chasing this electrical issue. I want to make sure first the relay is wired correctly then decide if the issue is under the dash or the horns themselves. Just a jump off point I guess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
After doing some more digging I found what I believe to be the issue. In the steering column the brass "plug" that connects to the turn signal components doesn't sit high enough to make contact when the horn is pushed. It feels like their is a spring underneath it that pushes it up so it's closer to the contact point on the white thing that gets pushed down.but the spring in mine almost seems worn so it's not pushing it back up making contact impossible.
Can that brass plug/spring be repaired separately or would I have to buy a complete turn signal column assembly?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can't help with the pictures or specifically your steering column issue but here are the wiring diagrams. Good luck
https://www.gtoforum.com/f50/gto-wiri...m-scans-22042/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, LeMans & GTO Technical and Electrical Wiring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in