Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, is it possible to replace the 1970 GTO non-AC printed circuit board for the dash cluster from underneath? Removing the seat and started thinking maybe this could be done without a full dash removal. I did some research and dash removal look pretty intense. I have no problem dropping the steering column or even removal. Thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Seats out are good! If factory non AC and does not have a clock or factory tach, it can be done. Will have to remove the radio and the steering column, and have hands nimble enough to reach up in there and pull the big instrument clustet plug & speedo cable. I have a cheap fiber optic cable camera/light tool that helps view forgotten issues under dashes. Pulled two '70-71 dash assemblies Saturday, both were AC cars and i figured would need the ducts, so it took a while. Payoff was am not dragging in the partscars like I used to, and two of us are planning a road trip to ElPaso to get half a dozen dashes propperly remolded. Ought to make a memorable long road trip, lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all, is it possible to replace the 1970 GTO non-AC printed circuit board for the dash cluster from underneath? Removing the seat and started thinking maybe this could be done without a full dash removal. I did some research and dash removal look pretty intense. I have no problem dropping the steering column or even removal. Thoughts?

Thanks.
I would be interested in how you make out. My '70 is having a buzzing/arcing sound when power goes to the dash backlights. Need to first figure out if it's the factory dash backlights, or an aux guage panel making the noises, but then may be in the same situation you are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts