Bad news gentlemen - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Bad news gentlemen

Well without getting into to much of my personal life, I recently became a single man. Unfortunatly I was left with bills that when paid left me attempting to make 30 days on around $300. Although it can be done. At my age eating ramen noodles every day morning noon and night for the next two years is not something I am willing to do. So less than 18 hrs after posting the lemans it was sold. The good news. debt free. Sometimes I hate seeing the world in black and white. Although the response and first person that saw it bought it for advertised price made me proud. I'm not to proud to say in the two hours it took the guy to get there I was sick to my stomach and maybe a tear or two appeared. Can honestly say I got choked up discussing it with him to the point he felt bad buying it. So....... About all I can say is LIFE is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans. Struggling at 44 is not an option when it is easily fixed. So the chance of me hanging out and being a smart @ss is slim and none. One of the best and worst birthdays I have ever had. On one hand I felt 16 again driving my finished dream. On the other losing two of my favorite things in the world just sucks.

https://www.gtoforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic18842_1.gif

1966 Pontiac Lemans Convertible
389 tri power
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
man that sucks after all the work you put into it.I know how you feel though when mine was ready for paint i had a little work set-back and almost had to put it up for sale. I know we love these cars but when it comes down to them or shelter and food there is not much choice and i am sure the guy that bought it will be thank you every time he walks into his garage for the hard work you put into it.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
I'm sorry face-man. Here's hoping you can get through the tough times quickly and come out the other end better and stronger. Be kind to yourself all you can.

I had a bit of a rough patch there for awhile myself - that's part of the reason the Beast took me over 20 years to get done.

Bear

BearGFR
Springtown, TEXAS
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Sorry to hear that, You'll replace them both with better models! Hopefully your experiences from each of them will make it easier next go around.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hey facn8me, sorry to hear you're a single man. I can only imagine what you're going thru and how you must feel. It may be tough for a while, but, as each day goes by it should get a little better.

As life goes, our cars/toys are way down the list. Paying bills, food on the table and a roof over our heads are way more important. My neighbor built a "very" nice house. He just lost it. He also lost the house he built that I currently live in. But, he still has his Harley. Talk about being messed up.

Give it time. When things settle down, you can pick up your next project!

SOLD.....
462ci, 4spd
Performer Intake, Mild Cam
Pertronix Ignitor III
Accel Super Coil, Accel 8.8mm Wires
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Jackanapes
This is bad news...

I can certainly understand and have a sense of fealty with your situation. I too am single as of last July not to mention that yesterday was my 48th birthday. I know I can't keep my house and the Stinky Goat may just be an exercise in vanity. Yet I have hope to get it driveable so as to get it out of my system so to speak. I would like to trailer it to Umatilla Florida so I can work on it with my dad. So if things work out I have an 03 2500HD Duramax Diesel an can get a bed camper and trailer I am set. Mobil living in the MAXipad (that's what I will call it) and goat in tow...

I chance to dream but if needed I will sell the stinky...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Former Moderator

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Wow, sorry to hear man. My best friend is going through a very complicated divorce right now and he's really been hurting, both emotionally and financially. Hopefully everything will work out for you and you can get back into the hobby. Sounds like you have your priorities straight though so stay strong dude.

Ramen noodles aren't that bad though.....

Really liked your car and the direction it was going too. If I woulda known this I would have voted for you for ROTM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 11:29 PM

Sorry to hear it, but don't let it get you down. Make a plan for the future and stick to it. Until then, take your knowledge and help the next generation develop the skills you have so they can realize what you have accomplished.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

I appreciate it guys. As much as I hate seeing the world in black in white at times in situations like this it helps. You can only control so much.

https://www.gtoforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic18842_1.gif

1966 Pontiac Lemans Convertible
389 tri power
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 11:45 PM

Garage
Sorry to hear. I'm 46 and divorced twice, lol. My dad told me, "if you aint' breeding, there is no reason to get married". Lost half my stuff twice, holding on to it for now. Shame you had to sell your ride, and sorry about the wife, and house. Back up, regroup and press on, damn shame.

Burning rubber since 1982!!
My photobucket, lots of dif car pics.
http://s411.photobucket.com/home/jetstang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in