Torque Specs - Impala Tech
Brakes & Suspension Conversion Questions & more

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Torque Specs

Anyone know if there is a torque spec for the red energy suspension body cushion bolts?.

Thanks,
M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 05:00 PM

All of the Energy Suspension body kits I have purchased came with an instruction sheet. Here is an example of what appears inside the box that I obtained when I ordered them new from Summit.

http://www.catalograck.com/imgvd/ENE/17529.pdf

This sheet is the first one to pop up on a Google search. If you have a part number you may find your missing sheet.

In this instruction sheet it states to tighten the bolt to the factory specification which is written in the Assembly manual. I don't know what year car you have Mike but I am sure If you look in your Assembly manual you will find that value as every torque spec of every fastener is called out.

Which is unusual considering the line workers don't have a torque wrench, all of the pneumatic impact guns on the line are pre set with the correct torque and every station assembles a different part with a different gun set just for that one part.

If you have a 1964 Impala then you could find an assembly manual here if you didn't have one (that is two ifs reducing the possible number of yes responses). You could buy one here if you needed it for $20 bucks.

http://www.classicindustries.com/pro...ts/lb1064.html

While trying to find a toprque value for any of the bushing bolts and assuming you have a 1964 since it is one of the most populat years I found replacement bolts just no torque value yet.

http://www.classicindustries.com/pro...ts/*r1034.html

See I'm still looking:

The closest info I found so far is "1967 Buick Chassis Service Manual Section 2" go to "Section C page 20-16" I found mounting specs and diagram for an X-frame Buick; just not for a Chevy though probably exactly the same: the torque specs are 30-45 ft/lbs which isn't a value, it is a range, which makes think I need to look further.

Big Dave

Last edited by Big Dave; 09-30-2014 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Haven't answered question yet
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Sounds like that could get screwed up down the line. Car is 1963 Impala. I'll check the assy. manual I have from Late Great to see if anything is in there. Are all the aasy. manuals the same? The Late Great is no so great.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msp177 View Post
Sounds like that could get screwed up down the line. Car is 1963 Impala. I'll check the assy. manual I have from Late Great to see if anything is in there. Are all the aasy. manuals the same? The Late Great is no so great.
All Chevy manuals where written by Helm and used data supplied by Chevrolet's engineering department using photographically reduced paper drawings that were then transferred to a Lithio plate to print the drawing. The digitized copy you see on a CD is a copy of a copy of a copy. It is generally not even centered on the screen. I have some original paper manuals (though greasy and dirty from decades of use, they are still more legible than the CD cop[y folks sell). Problem is I don't have anything for your car because I do not have an X-frame car, nor have I ever owned one (my dad bought a brand new 1968 Chevy back in 1958 but wrecked in in 1964, when he bought a new 1965 Impala).

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page