Correct upper A-arm bushings? - Impala Tech
Brakes & Suspension Conversion Questions & more

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Correct upper A-arm bushings?

Rock auto and every vendor on ebuy lists Moog K5196 bushing as correct upper A arm bushing for 1962 Impala (and for 1955-1970 Belair). But the originals are about 1.1" deep (outside metal sleeve) whereas the 'replacements' are about 1.3"...what gives? Anyone have a good MOOG number for 1962 Chevy Impala? Thanks in advance for any info....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 05:41 PM

I'm only guessing but my guess is that is the closest to original part that is currently made to fit your car.

Law only requires parts to be made up to seven years after a piece of capital equipment was made. After that you do like Jay Leno's employees due and machine one in your five axis CNC machine after looking at the opposite side part if available or just examining the hole it came out of using a laser comparator that can read a three dimensional part and create a CNC program to make it. Or make do with what is available.

Big Dave
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 06:06 PM

Have you ever thought of going to a Global West Del a Lum bushing?? Great upgrade in handling. My Grand National had them and I will be putting them in each of my cars.

http://www.globalwest.net/1958-1959-...ion-parts.html

A little pricey but I think they are worth it. No squeaky noises like Poly bushings.

Brian

Brian

1968 Impala SS Fastback 383 stroker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page