67 spindle king pin inclination - Impala Tech
Brakes & Suspension Conversion Questions & more

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

67 spindle king pin inclination

HI all,
I am doing some suspension upgrades on my 67 impala 2dr ht and was hoping someone could tell me the kpi and height of the stock spindle. It would be a huge help before ordering a bunch of expensive parts that I might not even need
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevrolet View Post
HI all,
I am doing some suspension upgrades on my 67 impala 2dr ht and was hoping someone could tell me the kpi and height of the stock spindle. It would be a huge help before ordering a bunch of expensive parts that I might not even need
Sorry I missed your first post.

In 1967 a Chevy doesn't have king pins (that is something found only on a beam axle that Chevy hadn't used since 1937). Your car has Ball joints on an A-arm up top and a modified trailing strut on the bottom that also has a ball joint. The Steering knuckle is the cast iron part that connects the two ball joints together and has the spindle mounted in about the middle of the knuckle.

As to every dimension (weight and measure you can think about asking about (including the torque values for a lot of parts); you need this book.

1967 Chevy Chassis Service Manual (Corvette, Camaro, Chevelle) in Paper Format | Detroit Iron

You can find it as a paper manual (how I like them), or as a CD containing photo copies of all of the pages of the paper manual; (easier to store if you have a lot of service manuals like I do). You can find them as old originals sold by the wife of a former Chevy mechanic with grease and other stains on it, or as a brand new reprint (of the same scanned pages only bound). You can also find it for a wide range of prices.

But any way you look at it you need this book.

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page