Disc brakes squealing - Impala Tech
Brakes & Suspension Conversion Questions & more

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Disc brakes squealing

Well I haven't had anything break or fall off for a while so thought I'd start dealing to some of the annoying things on my 67.

I have aftermarket SBBC disc brakes fitted to the front, and after about 15mins driving the right front brake squeals. Particularly notice it when driving past other cars or a wall. A quick tap of the brake and it stops but comes back again after a few minutes. Just a very high pitched squeal - like the noise of braking with wet discs, but happens all the time without the brakes being pressed.

So I'm guessing its pads, but not sure what's causing it or what the fix is. The pads have plenty of material but do seem a bit loose? I noticed the left front rattled constantly and the pads were quite loose. I'm not sure what the anti-rattle clips are supposed to look like. The right don't rattle but they squeal. I'm thinking of going to a brake shop and just say fix it, but if it's simple I can do it myself.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 12:00 AM

Personally I think the anti-rattle clips would fix your problem. I would look to buy some from SSBC.

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page