2004 impala helppppppp - Impala Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 05:18 AM Thread Starter
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: rock Island
Posts: 3
 
Angry 2004 impala helppppppp

Ok my dashboard light went out with the dome light, checked the fuse and none where blown. The next day the tail lights went out, I have no clue what to do. Im a girl no car smarts and have a 15 month old baby I deff need my car... ive took it to 3 mechanics all told me diff things.. im soooo clueless on whatbto do
xavyersmommy12 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,056
Blog Entries: 1
 
Electrical

Taylor,
As info, this site caters to older vehicles. Anyone out there around Rock Island Ill, maybe can suggest a good mechanic for Taylor???

Paul

Paul

1966 Impala SS

Please Visit our new site:
http://www.winvoices.com/
1959 through 1988* window stickers, car shippers, dealer invoices, retail sales orders and tank stickers, expertly reproduced, for most Chevrolet Models.





fsc66 is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Swedesboro, NJ
Posts: 48
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavyersmommy12 View Post
Ok my dashboard light went out with the dome light, checked the fuse and none where blown. The next day the tail lights went out, I have no clue what to do. Im a girl no car smarts and have a 15 month old baby I deff need my car... ive took it to 3 mechanics all told me diff things.. im soooo clueless on whatbto do

I know you said your fuses look OK, but the tail lamp feed (orange wire at the H/L switch) (you dash readout on the radio is probably not working either, but the radio plays, correct?) controls the dome lamp and a feed to the H/L switch for the dash lights as well. Sounds to me like you positively have the tail lamp fuse blown out.

Donny
pcsparts is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 11:11 AM
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Spokane
Posts: 26
 
newer type fuses can be bad while still "looking" OK - most auto parts stores will check you fuses continuity for free. Many auto parts stores are also staffed by "car guys" who will surely love to help a damsel in distress.
Ampaholic is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,391
 
The forum that will have more expertise for your late model Impala:

www.impalaforums.com

Two doors, four doors, wagons, and ragtops.
jayoldschool is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: rock Island
Posts: 3
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcsparts View Post
I know you said your fuses look OK, but the tail lamp feed (orange wire at the H/L switch) (you dash readout on the radio is probably not working either, but the radio plays, correct?) controls the dome lamp and a feed to the H/L switch for the dash lights as well. Sounds to me like you positively have the tail lamp fuse blown out.

Donny
Yesssss the radio does play but no lights... where would I look for the this fuse? And thank you!
xavyersmommy12 is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: rock Island
Posts: 3
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampaholic View Post
newer type fuses can be bad while still "looking" OK - most auto parts stores will check you fuses continuity for free. Many auto parts stores are also staffed by "car guys" who will surely love to help a damsel in distress.
Lol sooo I should still replace the fuse still...lol yea they do help alot
xavyersmommy12 is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 08:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,056
Blog Entries: 1
 
Fuse

If you look in your owner's manual if you have one it will show a breakdown of what fuse controls what. Pull it out and bring it to any auto supply shop and get a new one and try that.
Click on this link to another forum site and scroll down about half way, there are diagrams of the 2004 impala fuse box with descriptions of each fuse:



http://www.impalaforums.com/chevy-im...-question.html


Paul

Paul

1966 Impala SS

Please Visit our new site:
http://www.winvoices.com/
1959 through 1988* window stickers, car shippers, dealer invoices, retail sales orders and tank stickers, expertly reproduced, for most Chevrolet Models.





fsc66 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome