Ignition Kill-switch - Impala Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Ignition Kill-switch

I live in a pretty high crime area and recently installed a kill-switch. Its mostly a deterrent, for a experienced thief maybe its just a obstacle. For your average thug it is probably the equivalent to Einsteins theory of relativity. Its cheap and a fairly easy job, and in my opinion is well worth the time and money. I just sleep better at night. So if anyone wants more info or talk about how I went about it just ask. Id rather avoid getting real specific about where I put mine but I basically wired it inline with the battery on the negative side and ran it where I wanted it. Its a on/off toggle switch and the switch itself detaches when in the off position, so even if a potential thief finds it, they don't have the switch.

"Man is not made for defeat, a man can be destroyed but not defeated" -Ernest Hemingway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 07:15 PM

Pretty good idea. Most of the thieves around here just boost cars with a roll back wreckers. They employ lots of flashing lights, and take their time doing it in public parking lots like malls and business parks. Most people watching them assume the car either broke down or it is being reprocessed in the case of expensive sports cars.

Big Dave
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Yea if they go that route then I'm in trouble. But I figure this has to at least increase my odds. Theres a lot of petty crime around here, guys looking for an easy opportunity. Least I can do is make it harder

"Man is not made for defeat, a man can be destroyed but not defeated" -Ernest Hemingway

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 07:36 PM

If I park the 65 anywhere remotely sketchy, I bring the coil wire with me.

Two doors, four doors, wagons, and ragtops.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Yea thats a good way too, thats basically what I was doing. Thats what actually gave me the idea. Just pop the switch out and open the circuit.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 11:20 AM

Around here, if they cant steal it, they burn it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page