1964 turn signals - Impala Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

1964 turn signals

Whats up impala peeps... well I've been connecting my lights and everything works but my signals. my front signals don't blink at all and the rear signals blink on my drivers side and one on the passenger side all at the same time no matter what way i shift the blinker lever.... anyone know whats causing this???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 06:07 AM

Check all your sockets with the bulbs out as they get corroded but it sounds more like a ground issue.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

like i said those same lights work as brake lights, but as turn signals they go crazy, what ever way i signal to my divers side and one passanger side blink all at the same time.... and the front signals don't work at all as blinker but do as parking lights....

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 07:41 AM

I would check in your steering wheel . sounds like problem in the wiring where it comes up the column to the switch where your cancelling cam sits for your turn signals. I have had problems like that and pulled the wheel and found wires were rubbing against the collar and were cut thru causing a short. hope this helps you out.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 07:44 AM

also check your plug that runs up the bottom of your steering column to where it plugs in sometimes wires like to break in the harness and cause hidden shorts which are hard to find.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 10:16 AM

Most common problems are:
Bulb sockets either making poor connections to the bulb because the metal insert has worked itself out a bit or is making a poor ground

Turn signal switch, buried in the steering column. It is a bit of a job getting to it, so it pays to do your homework with a volt meter to isolate the issue first.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1964 Impala 4 door sedan

My Bloggy Thing: http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=2285
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

i figured out the problem a while back just didnt get back on here..... my problem was in the steering cam, the little copper straps were bridged and touching causing the turn signal lights to go crazy like hazard lights....
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 12:20 PM

I had the same problem in my 65. About drove me to drinking. Finally figured it out thanks to help from members on here.
Thanks, guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page